• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

What About Global Corporations?

D. Minky

Warlord
Religion is such a fun aspect in Civ4, but unfortunately it begins to lose its "umph" it the later eras of the game, as it becomes harder to spread religion, and it doesn't spread automatically anymore.

So what if there was an alternative to religions in the modern era?

What if Civs could create global economic empires? Think CocaCola, Sony, McDonalds, etc. You could have a series of Headquarters wonders that would act similarly to the Holy Temples of each religion. Then the HQ city could create a unit called a Franchise, which could move into another city and spread the company, bring more and more gold to your civ.

This came to me because I have lots of fun converting other civs with religion, but by the modern age, it becomes harder and harder, and less purposeful. This would extend that aspect of gameplay into the later stages of the game.

This is a very good idea. If I were writing the mod I would give the great merchant the ability to found one after the discovery of corporation.

Top Bottom