What about the floating fortress?

triheptyl

Warlord
Wasn't there talk of a Purity unit being a massive floating fortress in the early press releases? Whatever happened to it? I'd love for there to be a gigantic fortress that could float along the ground and deploy into orbit, raining death. Having it work as a base for aircraft would be even cooler. Purity feels like it has the lamest special units. Harmony gets the cool Rocktopus (they got a giant flying octopus, but no fortress?) and the Xenotitan, meanwhile Supremacy gets the best artillery and ranged units. Purity's units would be cool if hovering is unique, but everyone gets at least hovering tanks and artillery. Giving them a floating fortress might spice it up a bit, and definitely feels missing from the game anyway.

I assumed the LEV destroyer war the floating fortress. Although I did have the impression they would have entire cities levitated although logically with how much floatstone you need for units, the amount you'd need to float a whole city would be impossible to collect.

The two purity lev ranged units seem too similar to me. I like the idea of a flying fortress. It could work like the rocktopus (able to deorbit and move) but carry tacjets and fire like a planet carver.

Top Bottom