What are you playing until the next patch?

What are you playing as you wait (patiently) for the next patch?

• Civ V

Votes: 109 25.2%
  • Civ IV

Votes: 77 17.8%
  • Another Civ

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Starcraft II

Votes: 33 7.6%
  • Sins of a Solar Empire

Votes: 8 1.8%
  • Zork

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 173 40.0%
  • Only geeks play video games.

Votes: 27 6.2%

• Total voters
Settlers 7 and Worms Reloaded. Along with Civilization V, I am still playing iterations of games that I first played in the early 90s as a child :)

I should really try something new.

Guys, why are so many of you playing an old game? New Vegas was realesed two years ago, exept under the title of Fallout 3. I'm gonna call it Same Game from here on out.

Guys, why are so many of you playing an old game? New Vegas was realesed two years ago, exept under the title of Fallout 3. I'm gonna call it Same Game from here on out.

Super Mario Brothers was released in the early 1980s, why are you still playing the latest and 100th Mario rehash? I'm going to call it the same game.

CivIV and OOTP11.

Myself. Hey-yohhh!

I don't have much time to play anything right now, but I'm still playing some Civ V.

I went back to playing Civ 4 after 2 weeks of CIV. Civ IV is definitely my favorite in the series but after 5 years I'm ready to explore new frontiers. I've seen Galactic Civ 2 and Sins of A Solar Empire mentioned on this forum, for a long time Civ fan, I've been playing since 1993 when I was 9, what are your recommendations? The last space themed 4X game I played was Star Wars: Rebellion :crazyeye: and I did enjoy Homeworld from the RTS side of things. Thanks.

MJB

Minecraft, very simple but very addictive

Hey! I just bought that game 2-3 days ago!

I agree that it is addictive, but after having invested what I think has to be at least a dozen hours into it I have started to get bored with the relative lack of options in it.

Though to be fair, the game is still just in an alpha stage (though the official Minecraft page says that the beta will be finished soon, and with multiplayer support!). I can only imagine what will be in the final version of the game once it is finished(I believe that the developer/developers has/have said something about goblin villages and achemy!)!

you make an assumption that we wait for expansion. I do not see how this game could be fixed and base what i see in future patch notes they do not intend to change anything exempt a few minor fixes and tweaks. Based on that I do not believe any expansion will be worth buying.

Europa Universalis III. My first paradox game experience, so just getting the hang of it. I'm having a blast so far. I've been looking into trying out one of the total war series as well.

If ciV has taught me one thing, it is to check out some of the posts on the fan website before buying the game (it also taught me not to trust official reviews). Reading the posts for ETW and NTW is almost identical to the level of venom from fans as the ciV posts. Based on this, I think I will try M2TW. For veterans of the series, please let me know if I am heading in the right direction; or do you think I should try RTW first?

I'm also getting my micro-economics homework done.

Hey! I just bought that game 2-3 days ago!

I agree that it is addictive, but after having invested what I think has to be at least a dozen hours into it I have started to get bored with the relative lack of options in it.

Though to be fair, the game is still just in an alpha stage (though the official Minecraft page says that the beta will be finished soon, and with multiplayer support!). I can only imagine what will be in the final version of the game once it is finished(I believe that the developer/developers has/have said something about goblin villages and achemy!)!
Until you build a subway system linking 2+ castles, you're never out of options :)

EU3 and I just started playing the CIV FfH mod...

Actually, mostly just FfH since the most recent EU3 patch has blown the game up for me and I'm still trying to troubleshoot (that's the problem with multi-pathed purchases... bought the EU3 disk originally, bought the expansions from GamersGate, and because of that I ALWAYS have problems with patches that require a complete re-install).

Now this is a poll which needed checkboxes for multiple options. :)

Recently, Civ5, World of Warcraft, Poker Night and the Inventory, Blazblue: CS... Starcraft 2 should be coming in around Christmas, and I'll pick that up as well.

If it wasn't for Civ5 being so bad at release, I would have never tried GalCiv2, EU3 or Victoria 2, so at least some good came out of this.

So, congrats to Firaxis for making me discover other quality strategy games. :goodjob:

Top Bottom