1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

what civ has become

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by jozef57, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Sostratus

Sostratus Deity

I don’t like how impactful CS envoy bonuses are to the game, but I like having their suzerain bonuses.
    I usually reduce the number of CS by 1/3-1/2 for this reason.

2. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

My complaint with the AI isn't that it's not hard enough, but 1) that it isn't competent at certain elements of the game, and 2) that it does things that pull you out of the immersion of the game. Neither of these is the end of the world, but both diminish my enjoyment of the game.

I know that good AI is hard to code, and there are very few game studios today that do it well.

8housesofelixir and j51 like this.
  3. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

Civ 6 is good not great.

NFP doesn’t look like it’s going to tip the game over to great. I like all the stuff in NFP, but it’s mostly stuff at the edges. All good to have, but doesn’t change the core experience.

Good to great depends on what comes next, if anything.

Civ 6 seems like a game with a lot of ambition. It hasn’t achieved them yet. It might, it might not. I really don’t know.

4. j51

j51 Blue Star Cadet

This entry in the series feels like a grab bag of ideas that don't gel together. Literally so with NFP. For example, someone in another thread pointed out that it's weird that they included free cities, but that those can't develop into new civs, especially when this iteration includes five post-colonial nations! More immersive ideas like that seem to have been passed over in favor of adding "another system that gives you a new set of bonuses!" It feels like Firaxis has lost their spark. I really hope that Humankind, CK III, and Old World shake them out of their torpor and light a fire under their butts.

Edit: Also, why is the mod support so crappy?

5. Sostratus

Sostratus Deity

While we may not have the DLL, modding civ6 is leagues better than civ5. The only part that seems clunky is integrating art assets (compared to everything else.)

acluewithout and 8housesofelixir like this.