What happened to the ambient music?

Lyoncet

Emperor
I've listened to all of the leader themes from Civ VI now, and in my current game, I just realized that by now (late Atomic era), that is the only music I'm hearing. Did the ambient music just crap out? Is it supposed to at that point?

I'm very puzzled by this. So now I'm second-guessing myself on how much actual ambient music I've been hearing throughout my games. I'm going to do a new game soon and pay more attention to what tracks are playing and when, but I wanted to ask here too and see if it's clear how the ambient/leader music split works out.

FWIW, there's also been some weirdness with my soundtrack so far in that some of the eliminated civs' tracks are still playing, and others' aren't.

It is actually one of my complaints... the score is really great, but at times it is silent for extended periods. I guess my attention span is SQUIRREL level, but some music at all times would interest me.

Due to some similarities on the different musics overall sounds I keep thinking I'm hearing the same music some times for different civs. I am probably missing something though and maybe it is supposed to be like that..?

Due to some similarities on the different musics overall sounds I keep thinking I'm hearing the same music some times for different civs. I am probably missing something though and maybe it is supposed to be like that..?

That's another oddity I've found - I'm pretty sure I'm hearing both the Industrial and Atomic theme for Germany alternately. And wouldn't you know, Germany is me in this game.

Yeah about another 5-6 times through the music scores I'll just turn them down or off anyways but for now their "epicness" is fine.

One thing I've noticed in my recent game (might be wrong, or just an occasional glitch):

While a track is playing, if you enter a leaderscreen, it will switch to the track of that civ. Once you exit the screen, the track that was playing before that will rewind and play again from the start. It might change to another era, but it will still be the same civ track you were listening to before the leaderscreen. This might partially explain why some tracks feel repetitive.

Not sure which sound track, I am hearing, but for the first time in years I am getting annoyed with the music being played. This one theme that is gypsy like keeps playing again and again and it temps me to turn off the music which I really don't want to do as I have generally loved all the music in the game.

Not sure which sound track, I am hearing, but for the first time in years I am getting annoyed with the music being played. This one theme that is gypsy like keeps playing again and again and it temps me to turn off the music which I really don't want to do as I have generally loved all the music in the game.
Kalinka?

If yes, then it is glorious and your opinion is invalid ;) :p

Yes, Kalinka-Malinka is glorious :crazyeye:
And also "Tonkaya ryabina"
The fun part was when I was playing my first game with the Atecs I had to listen to this russian folklore music and I didn't know why

I found it on the sound track, it's track 62, Russia - The Medieval Era. I had talked with the Russian AI and his music infected my game the rest of the night. Hearing it once was not bad, but I will have a hard time playing Russia because when that song repeats it gets old fast. It's not really background music I guess is the problem.

Yeah, unfortunately there's almost no ambient music. I mean soundtrack in Civ VI is great but it's too repetitive later in the game. I really miss Native American music from Civ V, it is absolutely fantastic in my opinion.

I found it on the sound track, it's track 62, Russia - The Medieval Era. I had talked with the Russian AI and his music infected my game the rest of the night. Hearing it once was not bad, but I will have a hard time playing Russia because when that song repeats it gets old fast. It's not really background music I guess is the problem.
Well, that IS Kalinka. :)

Yeah, unfortunately there's almost no ambient music. I mean soundtrack in Civ VI is great but it's too repetitive later in the game. I really miss Native American music from Civ V, it is absolutely fantastic in my opinion.

A post here seems to indicate there's a good amount of ambient. But looking back on my experience having familiarized myself with the leader themes, I don't think I've experienced any of the ambient tracks.

I loved the music in V, especially the war music. You knew when you were at war with France just from the awesome music. England and Japan's war music was also top notch.

A post here seems to indicate there's a good amount of ambient. But looking back on my experience having familiarized myself with the leader themes, I don't think I've experienced any of the ambient tracks.

No way there's ~11 hours of music in this game. Seriously, I am experiencing Civ themes over and over again.

I think that might be the problem, not enough music in total. You can't repeat the same song over and over again. I do really miss the 'native' music and the oriental themes from V already.

That would be a great idea for a mod is to blend in all the V music as I do like most of the new stuff I have heard, just this one track gets a little to intense to be repeated.

Once again, it feels like I'm playing a different game from everyone else. I love the ambient music, and I hear "east Asian" ones quite a lot. It's the "sudden battle of the opera choirs" opening screen theme that really annoys me.

I liked the civ specific theme to the point that I don't mind there's no other filler music, but of course I would welcome the addition, preferably also evolving as you advance through the ages, with simple ambient music with single instrument during ancient era to the epic music in atomic era

Top Bottom