What is "Production"?

City Builder

Complicated Complication
In the city view screen there is a building that makes "production", what exactly is that? Is that used for a base product to make some other product, or is it used just to sell to the homeland or what?

Thanks,

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 105
"Production", also known as hammers in original col, are basically used to build buildings, ships, cannons, and can be converted to score in the remake. You can't sell it or transport it, you have to use it in the city it's produced in.

Similar to regular Civ, most of the buildings and units you build require a certain number of production hammers, so the more hammers you make each turn, the faster it gets built. A Master Carpenter really ramps up the production speed.

Note that some buildings and units require things like tools, guns, and horses in addition to hammers. Managing your settlements well is key.

Thanks, I think I understand it now.

If I only produce +1 hammer in a city my buildings are going to build really slow, however if I produce +7 hammers in a city my building will take less turns to build.

I'll have to relook at the buildings, I didn't notice any that had hammers as a requirement but saw plenty that required tools which I seem to always be short of and buying from the old country. I probably just wasn't looking for the hammer.

Thanks for the assistance.

All things you can build have hammers as a requirement; some also have secondary requirements (tools, weapons).

The building in question converts lumber into hammers if someone is assigned to it. It does give 1 hammer regardless and some of the founding fathers will bump up the base amount. No lumber, no worker, no (additional) hammers.

Top Bottom