[R&F] What is the best tile?

BenitoChavez

Elderly Tortoise
I'm going to define "best" as the tile that has the most yields, ie. Food + Production + Gold + Science + Culture + Faith.

The best I can think of would be a polder with all the upgrades on a lake tile with triple adjacency bonus, Huey Teocalli, Auckland suzerain, and triple adjacency bonus from Mount Roraima (the natural wonder shaped like a L).

27 yield = 9 food, 7 production, 5 gold, 3 science, 3 faith

7 food 4 production 4 gold (Polders)
1 food 1 gold (Lake tile)
1 food 1 production (Huey Teocalli)
2 production (Auckland)
3 science 3 faith (Mount Roraima)

Is there a tile with more yields? Food has diminishing returns due to housing/amenities. Are there tiles with less food but more of the other yields?

Polders usually going to be the top. Another option:
desert hill + Petra + Uluru + Outback station with 5 adjacent pastures
2fo/2p/2g (desert+Petra)
2c/2fa (Uluru)
1fo/1p (OS)
5fo/5p (OS adjacency)
So the total I think would be 8 food, 8 production, 2 gold, 2 culture, 2 faith if my math is right. I'd take the polder lake above ahead of this, though.

Alternately, you can build outback stations on plains hills, right? In that case I'd consider a Torres del Paine adjacent plains hill with the outback stations and pastures. That tile I think would be a simple 8 food/10 production (2/4 from the tile and 6/6 from the outback station). Lower total yields, but likely the highest production tile possible that I can think of.

Other choice:
Mission next to Roraima on a grass hill, for example, would be 2 food + 1 production + 7 science + 7 faith at the max. Much less, but I believe would be the highest science/faith on a tile that you can get.

LOL I thought I was doing OK with two 14-yield tiles next to Eyjawhatever. Clearly I am an amateur.

You can do better than a lake tile with Huey Tocalli. Put the polder on a coast tile with a lighthouse and a harbor. That’s +1 food and +2 gold.

Polders usually going to be the top. Another option:
desert hill + Petra + Uluru + Outback station with 5 adjacent pastures
2fo/2p/2g (desert+Petra)
2c/2fa (Uluru)
1fo/1p (OS)
5fo/5p (OS adjacency)
So the total I think would be 8 food, 8 production, 2 gold, 2 culture, 2 faith if my math is right. I'd take the polder lake above ahead of this, though.

Alternately, you can build outback stations on plains hills, right? In that case I'd consider a Torres del Paine adjacent plains hill with the outback stations and pastures. That tile I think would be a simple 8 food/10 production (2/4 from the tile and 6/6 from the outback station). Lower total yields, but likely the highest production tile possible that I can think of.

Other choice:
Mission next to Roraima on a grass hill, for example, would be 2 food + 1 production + 7 science + 7 faith at the max. Much less, but I believe would be the highest science/faith on a tile that you can get.

Those are some good ones. I tried messing around with various Petra scenarios but yeah, none of them were as good as triple polders. I forgot about outback stations though. You can get some crazy yields off of those.

You can do better than a lake tile with Huey Tocalli. Put the polder on a coast tile with a lighthouse and a harbor. That’s +1 food and +2 gold.

Yeah, but on a coast tile you can only get a max of 2 adjacent polders. On lakes you can get three.

Those are some good ones. I tried messing around with various Petra scenarios but yeah, none of them were as good as triple polders. I forgot about outback stations though. You can get some crazy yields off of those.

Yeah, but on a coast tile you can only get a max of 2 adjacent polders. On lakes you can get three.

Lighthouse works on Lake tiles too, I think. So you can add 1f/2g to those yields. Or it could be a coast tile if it's basically in an inlet.

Also, if that tile happens to be an oil tile, there's another +3 as long as you build the polder (or outback station) before unlocking the tech for oil. So I guess in theory that could be:
10 food, 10 production, 7 gold, 3 science, 3 faith. Although I don't think this would be possible, since I think that Roraima counts as a mountain, which would prevent the polder from being built there (needs flat or hills, right?). So maybe have to have it next to Eyjawhatever for +4f/+2 culture, Galapagos for +4 science, Piopiotahi for +2 gold/+2 culture, etc... or whichever natural wonder is not a mountain and gives the best adjacent yields.

When talking about such, usually appeal-based improvements will come out on top (since appeal can be boosted quite insanely)

Top Bottom