What is the best way to transport units through the map on a DomV?

bradebuque

Chieftain
I'm trying a domination victory, but I have to travel long distances on the map and this is tiresome.
-What are the best units to conquer cities that are distants?
-The best way is to have oil to fund boats and planes?
-DO you guys use railroads even they being too costly?
-should I conquer every single city on the way to get to my target?
-Should I transport every infantry in boats in order to cover great distances?

thx

Last edited:
What level are you playing? What size of map? Pangaea, continents, or something else?

Speed seems to be important for Domination, so I guess anything that can make it quicker is good. You might find it instructive to look at some videos of a Domination game, such as this one by one of the top players:

He basically goes on a killing spree, making his way through the map from one civ to another. Lots of roads. Plotting a route through the map is not always easy. Sometimes you have to capture cities just so you can get to another one. Working these things out and dealing with them is all part of the skill of the game, and I don't think there is a foolproof strategy or recipe you can follow in every game. Even if you play the same map twice (something I do very frequently) situations can be VERY different because the AI can do very different things.

-What are the best units to conquer cities that are distants? Depends on what era.
-The best way is to have oil to fund boats and planes? Depends on the map and what units he and you got.
-DO you guys use railroads even they being too costly? I don't mind them but at this stage of the game I'm mostly autoing all my workers.
-should I conquer every single city on the way to get to my target? Probably or liberate them if they are a defeated civ or CS, depends on the situation again.
-Should I transport every infantry in boats in order to cover great distances? Sure, why not? Make sure to control the area.

Top Bottom