What is the highest difficulty level that allow you to win consistently ?

Baron2

Warlord
Me, on Duel maps, I'm usually able to beat Immortal military civs, but against more balanced civs, I'm only able to win Emperor.

Consistently I say chieftain. Normally (you win some you lose some) I would say King. I normally play prince.

By just generally thinking through your moves, you should be able to win consistently on Prince after playing your first 1-2 games. I win Immortal consistently, but I have 7 games of G&K under my belt, and almost 20 games of vanilla civ5. In my experience Deity can often go wrong with a few screw-ups and / or bad luck.

IMO difficulty has risen since vanilla civ5, where most people who knew how RAs worked could beat Deity without any pressure at all (just a bit of tedious micromanagement).

Well as consistently means in a reliable or steady fashion then you can win consistently on any level and in fact don't need to win at all to win consistently. If you never win then that is consistent with your winning average of zero.

I suspect you mean at what level can you win a lot or at least most of the time and that depends on how well you play, what options you choose and a good slab of luck.

For me i would have to say Immortal.

For me it's King. I'm a bit of an empire builder rather then a min-maxer, so anything above that gets tedious to me. King allows me to durdle on, get my empire on rails in a way that I like it and still pull a win.
Also I only play Huge maps, that's to be kept in consideration. Duel feels like cheating to me.

Unmodified:
I can always win on Emperor (and bores me to tears)

In fact even if a new difficulty level added between Emperor & Immortal than had all bonuses except the starting worker, I can always win, but its not nearly as boring.

Unmodified Immortal requires a very good start for me.

Never gone beyond Prince, but I can usually win unless I get a really bad start (though I typically quit if I'm about to lose the capital)

People are so polite here, no one is bragging about deity? :)

Deity only with one civ consistently all the other civs require a good start for me.

Well on archipelago maps I will pretty much win if I go domination. No matter what difficulty.

On other map types the game gets a lot harder. I would say that on Emperor I pretty much always win. I usually play quite aggressive even when Im going for Diplo, Science or culture win. Capturing couple of cities at some point makes the game much easier.

Emperor is where I seem to stop at winning guaranteed. I've won on Immortal and Deity but you REALLY need to have a clear strategy going in (and some luck)

Emperor I can win every time, immortal and Deity not so much. My favorite Civ is the Byzantines and I pull my hair out in anything above emperor because I lose out on good religious choices.

I win most of the time on King. It can be tough if you are caught off guard and you are in the way of a runaway, but other than that, no. I am not comfortable on higher difficulty levels. I can win but since I am a builder and on higher difficulty levels it seems to be all about wars.

Also I don't "cheat" and with that I mean playing on maps where you have an advantage due to pre-knowledge about the map (i.e. Archipelago and Pangea). I nowadays usually play with Shuffle.

But sometimes you make mistakes.

When an AI make a mistake, 'it' doesn't reload, so why should you. Mistakes happens in RL and has to be dealt with so why not in a game. When it comes to reloading and games, I don't (except when I die in Fallout, Skyrim and the like).

Pretty much win all the time on King; winning about 50% of the time on Emperor. I haven't tried any higher yet. I play random but I re-reroll turn 1 a bunch of times until I get a starting location that I like. If I were forced to play whatever I was given, I think I'd probably lose at King half the time.

Top Bottom