1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What mods do you use?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Chris3894, May 29, 2014.

1. Chabshaile

Chabshaile Chieftain

Anyone know a mod that can improve the minimap to show color for desert/plains/tundra/ice? Could care less about the jungle/forest etc... over it, but having a quick mini map color code would be wonderful for planning future expansion at a glance while exploring.

2. XboxAddict77

XboxAddict77 Wonder Spammer

Edited for being off topic.

3. subtledoctor

subtledoctor Chieftain

I use a ton of little mods tha improve little things here and there:
    - Norway UA buff (free seaports in coastal cities)
    - Atlatl indirect fire
    - improved lighthouses
    - American Ranch UB to replace the B17 (mod modded to replace stables, grants +1 food, in addition to production, to horses/sheep/cows)
    - copper buff (can build Mint in copper cities)
    - 30% slower research
    - ... I really can't remember the others, but I have about 15 mods like this.

For SP tree balancing, I combine the (generic-sounding) "Game Balance" mod with the "Liberty BNW + Venice" mod. Some small buffs to Liberty and bigger buffs to Piety.

Also some bigger stuff: I like Beyond the Future because it gets you to spend more time in the Information Age before a SV (but I nerfed some of its late units). I also use my own combat and resource rebalance mod: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=525334

4. liv

liv Emperor

Any good religion mods that you guys have tried? I have really been enjoying piety games and it would be fun to mix up with different choices

5. rkade8583

rkade8583 Realism Invictus Player

EUI, Smarter AI, Game Balance (it's a small tweak from the guy who did Smarter AI,) Antiquity Sites Filter, and Ethiopia Color Fix.

6. Chris3894

Chris3894 Warlord

Do you know what it balances specifically?

7. George Abitbol

George Abitbol Prince

I use only:
    -Really Advanced Setup (to remove some civ I hate)
    -Communitas Map Script
    -Pontoon Bridges, which goes very well with the Com. map, but the AI doesn't use them :(