What shall we do with our Great Scientist?

What should our Great Scientist do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
We have a Great Scientist and need to decide how to use him. This initiative will tell the appropriate government official(s) how the citizens want to proceed.

The choices are:
  • Contribute research towards Astronomy
  • Create an Academy (city TBD)
  • Become a Super Scientist (city TBD)
  • Abstain

Link to discussion thread.

This poll is public and will be open for 2 days. The option with the most votes prevails, except if there is a tie then the instruction will be to do nothing with the GS until a decision is made.

I would have preferred this be a referendum but the responsible official is unavailable.

Cities were left TBD to keep the number of poll options reasonable. Please register your preference either in this thread or the discussion thread, and with the Governor's Council. The government must listen to discussion and requests from the citizens because constituancy (citizen input) is higher priority than mandate (official's own decision).

OK, so time is an issue, or we'd just have another poll - "Where do you want the academy/ SS?" etc. How about we just post it here for easy reference and speed? The preferences can be tallied after the poll is completed. I'm sure the GC and MoS will accept this as a large enough sample of the citizens views.

Academy in Abydos, SprSci in BW.

Easy enough? ;)

GeorgeOP said:
Wouldn't it be easier if there were only one place to put it. And shouldn't it go to the MoS thread since he actually controls it, not the GC?

However the MoS being absent was the reason to have this vote instead of a MoS referendum. ;)

Repoll it with Paper as an option? (If trade gets approved)

Can/Should I post an initiative that says we should trade for Civil Service, and then use the GS to get Paper?

Dutch..lets poll the trade first...then try to over ride this poll

With trading with alex we can lighbulb paper..a novelty tech no one has( that we know). We can then trade it with those we know adn get possibly 2 to 3 tecsh out of teh GS with these trades.

In addition with maps we will know where Bismarks cities are, and possibly be able to complete the sail around the world bonus

I think it can all be one poll.

Do you approve of the plan to trade with Greece and then use our Great Scientist to acquire... ?

A yes vote will have the effect of repealing the previous vote on the Great Scientist.

ooooooops, I already made a poll. But the trade can just be approved by the SoS without a poll, right?

by the way, we should have a civics poll after that too as we'll be able to get Vassalage, Bureaucracy, Organized Religion (totally useless though :p) and Serfdom.

Awww, I was looking forward to another academy. Kidding... bring on the paper. I'm sick and tired of those papyrus cuts... they're the worst kind, you know ;)

The concurrent polls are a good idea, and will speed things up, especially considering the polls feel like a formality - everyone seems in favour of this trade.

btw, does this mean we've forgiven Bismark (if we're going to trade with him), and we're going to concentrate on exploring the world and the economy, or are we still going to give the Gerry what for?

Trade with him, if our plans will work out, he won't have time to use it :ar15:
And paper isn't that usefull anyway, is it?

This poll will be superceded by another poll on the same subject. Since there is a question pending, implementation of this poll's result is placed on hold pending outcome of the other poll.

Top Bottom