What should we build next?

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
Currently we're building a warrior, what should we build next? Suggestions so far have been a curragh, another warrior, or a settler. We can't really build much else, of course. We have about 2 days to decide.

Judjing by our position I'd say curragh. Then to worker then settler. But I'm only a beginner Monarch so don't pay attention to me. :)

A curragh can give us a huge leg up on the competition. Only Greece will be able to build them in the beginning, and the early contact with the Hoplites, Persians or Celts will hopefully net us Masonry or IW (if we decide to give up alphabet that cheap). It will also allow us to set the diplomacy standard, and work cooperatively with another team or team(s) if that is in our best interest. It will also reveal valuable map information for attack planning and settlement purposes. We will have a settler out quickly after that.

How about we move our warrior north and see what is along the river.... if theres another bonus food source we should seriously consider switching from a curragh to a settler.

I vote a settler. Food is power, and a settler will allows us to take full use of the food bonuses near us. A curragh should be after that, of course - we need to take advantage of our Commmercial trait.

Top Bottom