What to show off my size 60 city :)

stratozyck

Chieftain
Wanted to show off my size 60 city I got while doing an Immortal OCC.

It was still growing when I got a cultural victory. The total population was 92 million. For most of the game, my civ had the largest population until towards the end one AI civ started expanding.

Key wonders:
Temple of Artemis, Hanging Gardens

Kicking myself for choosing 15% ancient wonder build instead of 10% growth for the pantheon, but the rest of the religious civics went towards growth.

For most of the game, the AI kept attacking me, but my tech lead was good enough that when I got flight I started burning a few of their cities and used generals to expand my borders to keep them away.

Attachments

• thebes.jpg
    thebes.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 1,041
  • thebes2.jpg
    thebes2.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 547
  • thebes3.jpg
    thebes3.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 439
:hatsoff::beer:

Thanks! I had so much cash that I befriended all the military CS and ended up having to constantly delete units. At some point I have to give up Civ5 for a while to work, but man I want to top this city!

No screenshots from inside the city?

i imagine you had petra in that city. that would be a nice boost. I think what is most impressive about this city is that a large percentage of the tiles in its radius are useless ocean tiles. imagine if those were grassland/plains, woulda been a size 70 probably.

Oh yeah had petra. I got extremely lucky and had a lot of wonders, hence the cultural victory. I am making it my goal to get a size 70 city today.

Wow! How did you keep them fed?

Wanted to show off my size 60 city I got while doing an Immortal OCC.

It was still growing when I got a cultural victory. The total population was 92 million. For most of the game, my civ had the largest population until towards the end one AI civ started expanding.

Key wonders:
Temple of Artemis, Hanging Gardens

Kicking myself for choosing 15% ancient wonder build instead of 10% growth for the pantheon, but the rest of the religious civics went towards growth.

For most of the game, the AI kept attacking me, but my tech lead was good enough that when I got flight I started burning a few of their cities and used generals to expand my borders to keep them away.

Why so many roads?

Also, i know its a pet peeve, but does it bother anyone else when civs with similar color schemes end up next to each other?

Just a thought...if the AI were programmed by skill level instead of being given a larger resource pool per difficulty, a City State should be able to rival your OCC on immortal, matching population size, production, etc.

95 Million people in Thebes alone. Jesus.

Just FYI: My calculations show a size 70 city equates to 146,647,448.801 citizens. Round this to the nearest thousand, and we get 146,647,000. That's right between modern Bangladesh and modern Russia in terms of population!

Still three turns to next population growth? My god!

Top Bottom