What Triggers a Pantheon

Minou

King
Some games I am gaining 1 faith per turn, hit 25f and the Pantheon choice button pops up that same turn. Other games I will end up hitting 25f and nothing happens that turn, and I am offered the Pantheon the next turn. In my current game I pillaged a Camp to her 41f and nothing happened. The turn advanced, nothing again. Finally two turns after I hit 41f I got the Pantheon (and was bummed Religious Settlements was gone since I thought I had a shot with the pillage).

My question is, what actually triggers the Pantheon. Obviously 25f is necessary but why the occasional delays? I am wondering if it is set so only one Civ can get a Pantheon per turn, so if an AI got one you have to wait till next turn?

It's probably because other players got to choose pantheon in same turn. It's unclear if you play mp or not.

Thanks! That makes sense based on what I have observed. I have been playing single player by the way. So I guess the person who goes first in the turn order against the pantheon? If that is the case I don’t really see any reason why they shouldn’t just give multiple pantheons per round. I have never actually been clear on what order Civs go in in single player But I get the impression it might be random because I’m games I will start and get the bonus era score for being the first to find a continent That other cities are also on, in which case I assume I just happen to be first to make my moves that turn.

Thanks! That makes sense based on what I have observed. I have been playing single player by the way. So I guess the person who goes first in the turn order against the pantheon? If that is the case I don’t really see any reason why they shouldn’t just give multiple pantheons per round. I have never actually been clear on what order Civs go in in single player But I get the impression it might be random because I’m games I will start and get the bonus era score for being the first to find a continent That other cities are also on, in which case I assume I just happen to be first to make my moves that turn.

It was probably programmed this way for multiplayer. Since it's intended that no one can have the same Pantheon bonus, two players in multiplayer trying to pick the same Pantheon on the same turn would probably break the game.

It was probably programmed this way for multiplayer. Since it's intended that no one can have the same Pantheon bonus, two players in multiplayer trying to pick the same Pantheon on the same turn would probably break the game.
Why would it break it? The turns are taken sequentially, not simultaneously?

Why would it break it? The turns are taken sequentially, not simultaneously?

In multiplayer, there's a setting that allows the players to take their turns simultaneously. Most people I've seen play with it on, since most people don't want to wait 5 minutes to make 2 moves.

I have been playing single player by the way. So I guess the person who goes first in the turn order against the pantheon?

In single player games the human always goes first.

I have been playing single player by the way. So I guess the person who goes first in the turn order against the pantheon?
In single player games the human always goes first.
... and therefore in SP you would never delay a turn if this was the case, which it is not. So the theory does not seem to be correct as @Tech Osen is hinting.
I have seem many EOT issues where not every turn things get updated. It for came of notice to me with the climate screen but it is certainly in other areas so is an alternative theory. Also some things update immediately while oter things update at EOT. Does goody hut faith update immediatey? nope, it is EOT.
Not saying this is the case, just stating my case.
For example the original theory would hold true if there is a check and balance at the end of all players turn an dthe civ with the highest faith gets the pantheon for that turn.

I guess in MP if you use Ctrl+Enter(or timeout?) to skip the turn when you need to choose a pantheon, you may be effectively blocking others from getting pantheons too?

Maybe this will be a very good way to counter Byzantium(also Spain?)-- It needs to establish a religion to activate its bonus, while establishing a religion needs you to choose a pantheon first, if you are quicker in getting 25 faith and block the pantheon forever, Byzantium will become blank?

It is still a mystery to me. Seems highly unlikely an AI had more faith, since I got slingshot to 41f with the hut.

If the player always goes first, then it is impossible another AI got a Pantheon before me the turn I passed 41f. But, perhaps three AIs hit 25f the turn before and they eat had to wait a turn to get theirs, so that they were already "in line" by the time I hit 41f?

Top Bottom