What type of DDS files do leaders and leader scenes use?

Crezth

第六天魔王
I can't find it anywhere on the Internet. Everyone says "just use GIMP's default options" but I can't use GIMP.

Last edited:
IDK if there are rules here, I use DXT3 (explicit alpha) for my civilization loading and diplomatic screens in "YnAMP - Basic Modern Civilizations" that are part of the mod files, and uncompressed A8R8G8B8 for icons files imported using modbuddy in BLPs files

Copy that, thanks. I found A8R8G8B8 works just as well as DXT3 for those screens as well

Also what's the deal with the blue shading/colouration?

Also what's the deal with the blue shading/colouration?
I think you want A8B8G8R8, at least that's what works for me in Paint.NET. The reason everything is blue is because you're using a different format that has the channels swapped around.

I think you want A8B8G8R8, at least that's what works for me in Paint.NET. The reason everything is blue is because you're using a different format that has the channels swapped around.

I confirm, all you need is paint.net and save in that format (don´t forget that for using dds in paint.net you need a plugin)

Cool, very helpful guys. So for the icons I'm having trouble only with the icons that display on the top-right Civ bar and in the Diplomacy screen list. What are the icon size standards that you need to have and what is the DDS format for them? I know roughly how to make icons and get them to work but not specifically.

I think you need icons of sizes 256, 80, 64, 55, 50, 45, and 32. They all use the same dds format as the other textures.

I'm having trouble getting the icons to appear in the game scenario. They can appear in the main menu select screens but not the game itself. Do you know which logs I can check to troubleshoot? I have imported and linked all the files but did *not* put them into a .blp. Is that my problem? And its the format R8G8B8A8 or R8B8G8A8?

sorry for just popping this in. but i never found a guide for the nividia photoshop dds tool. just for gimp and other (like in this thread). if someone comes with google here to check the settings for dds (the tread title looks like that :D)
here are the settings from the nvidia dds format tool that works (tested by myself)

upload_2018-2-23_17-7-48.png

DXT3 (explicit alpha) or DXT5 didnt work for me as the pixel size has to be special with this one.

I'm having trouble getting the icons to appear in the game scenario. They can appear in the main menu select screens but not the game itself. Do you know which logs I can check to troubleshoot? I have imported and linked all the files but did *not* put them into a .blp. Is that my problem? And its the format R8G8B8A8 or R8B8G8A8?
Do you have them loaded as both a front-end and in-game action? It sounds like maybe they're only loading for front-end.

Yeah the in-game action includes the icons XML. I've attached a zip with the atlas XLP, the icon defining XML, a few of the DDS/TEX files, Mod.Art and the modinfo file.

Everything else (moreorless) is fully functional, just no icons in-game. The icons work fine in the menu and player select screen, leading me to think that maybe yeah the front-end was fine, but the in-game was not. But as you can see the Icons XML is summoned in both of those cases, so I'm not sure. I'm thinking perhaps something is wrong with the icons themselves or their format.

Attachments

• ICON_HELP_NOBU.zip
    104.3 KB · Views: 167
Top Bottom