What's happen when we loose?

LaRo

Dead Rat
I played the first gotm and I lost. Can I try again because I didn't finish the game?

Because someone who has already played the game then knows how the map is and where the other Civ's are, they generally have an advantage over the players who did not replay the game.

However, in the past, Matrix has allowed players who died relatively early in the game to replay it since they had not 'spolied' much of the game the first time.

It's up to Matrix, though, so if he doesn't reply to the thread quick enough for you, you may want to PM him for an answer.

I think that since this is the first GOTM for Civ3 and will have many new first time players, many exceptions might be made.

Oh, dear. Well, there were people in previous GOTM's that died in e.g. 3650 BC. Then I said, "what the heck, that's not a played game, it's simply death", but those are exceptions and most of the times the person in question himself said that he'll send the first GOTM anyway.

It's better to just send in your first game, where you got killed. Indeed, for a lot of people this is the first GOTM so you'll probably end up very high, undeserved, if you play again. But you can always play again and compare your score then, for yourself.

A positive thing is that the score for every killed civ isn't just zero, like in Civ2. So comparison is still possible!

I was afraid for this myself, so play a warlord game first and then I'll play the GOTM. But it's too late for that. ;)

Top Bottom