Where are the ini files? please

deepace

Chieftain
I've just installed Civ 3 complete again after playing Civ4 for a couple of years,just felt like a change.I want to change the resoloution to the same as my desktop. I've found a post and an entry in the FAQ on how to do this by adding KeepRes= 1 to the bottom of the ini files.Civilization3.ini ptw.ini and Conquests.ini.
Problem is I can't find any of these ini files, I think I must have looked in every folder,I even tried a search.Can someone please tell me exactly where I can find these ini files.
Terry

If Win7 and probably Vista you can go to the search on the start menu and enter *.ini and it will find it. Right click and select properties and it show the location.

Basically if you installed as admin, it will be in the main Program Files x86. The subfolder I am not sure of for complete, but it will likely have Infogrammes and then drill down to the conquest folder.

If not installed as admin, it will be in the USER folder.

Been a long time, since I used XP. The game will install into Program Files. You can go to the windows explorer and do the same search for the *.ini. I just am not sure what the highest level folder is for Complete, but probably Infogrammes/Complete/Civilization3///.

Top Bottom