Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
Our first in-game decision is where to settle the capitol. There have been a lot of good debate on the issue, and it looks like the range of possible choices has been set, but the concensus is not.

The ideas mentioned in the discussion thread are:

1. Settle in place.
  2. Move 1 NE to the hill
  3. Move 1 N to the hill
  4. Not mentioned but included for completeness: move 1SW to the jungle
    [/list=1]

This poll will remain open for 48 hours or until 1 hour before the next scheduled turnchat.

Link to discussion is here

We know we have an okay position now. Moving would make things very risky, as we don't know what all the surrounding terrain would be like.

We should move the hill 1 NE. I posted these reasons in the discussion thread, and have thought of one more.

I think that we should settle on the hill NE for these reasons:

1. There is no question that we should settle off the river to save us from building an Aqueduct.

2. Allows us to maximize the Flood Plain tile we are currently standing on.

3. Good chance that more bonus tiles lie on other side of the hill.

4. Our city radius will still include everything we see now.

5. Defensive bonus, which should be a non-issue.

6. We assured of dealing with those three SW jungle tiles(just out of sight, but can see outline) in our city radius if we stay put. I am willing to bet that we can get a much better city radius stationed on the NE hill.

I voted in place. There is no need to relocate, in my opinion. I would much rather mine the hill than use it for defensive purposes. The floodplain gives 10% defensive bonus and we have an additional 25% in four directions from the river. Let's throw down those bags and make some Settlers. Besides, to the S/SE that looks like grass under the jungle or trees. We would lose that precious grass if we moved NE.

If we wanted to use the river for defense, then we should settle SW.

But I agree that we should settle NE for all the reasons stated above.

i voted for moving up the river to the hill, but could we not waste a turn of the worker (i cant see it in there, but assume that it is there havent looked at the file yet) to go to the hill first and see if the other side of the hills is better for the city then this side?

i know this makes the instructions to the president somewhat vague, but i think leaving a bit of leeway up to him shouldnt be too objectionable to the majority of the populace.

i agree, we should move the worker, though it probably would cost two turns if he is to supposed to move back to irrigate the tiles next to the city or something afterwards.

another thing: am i hallucinating or is there a desert tile in the shadows next to the hills?

I made a :smoke: vote - after examining the pic a little more - I d like to have my vote count as 1 NE onto hill....

I say we move the settler one tile northeast. The river and defensive bonus of the hill really look appetizing to me. Barbs will go down like flies if they try to attack us on a hill.

Top Bottom