Where to change the size of the map?

Wowa28

Chieftain
In which c2c file can I change the size of the maps? I remember, I did it before, but now I don't remember where.

I have been playing c2c for about 10 years with interruptions. Hopefully in 2022 cities on the water will be realized, giant maps and some other cool new stuff

:)

WorldInfo.xml in gameinfo

Remember that map sizes bigger than Gigantic will MAF easily.
Unless you want to play on very wet map, that is mostly water.

Gigantic map has ~13 000 tiles.

Last edited:
Viewport thing is here since long time, it is in BUG settings (green button on top left).

And yes, it reduces MAFs
For example you can set it to full height half width of map, when you start getting mafs.

Okay, does the new video card on the PCI slot instead of the built-in one reduce maf?

Nope, game can't use more than 2900 MB of RAM - 3 GB of RAM + 1 GB of VRAM

It is 32 bit game.

Apparently need to change parameters iGridWidth and iGridHeight in file WorldInfo.xml? If iGridWidth = 36 and iGridHeight = 24, then how many cells does the map have in reality?

Apparently need to change parameters iGridWidth and iGridHeight in file WorldInfo.xml? If iGridWidth = 36 and iGridHeight = 24, then how many cells does the map have in reality?
Yeah those two.

Actual map size is 4x those values.

And if I decrease the values for the viewport, I get less maf?

That is, I want to say that if the map is split instead of 2 viewports into 4, it will reduce maf?

Ok! Where is the limitation then? Parameters iGridWidth and iGridHeight cannot be more than what value at all?

It turns out that I can start the game without the viewport, and after the MAF appears, start using the viewport? During the further game, can I decrease the values of the viewport?

Last edited:
Top Bottom