Where to settle III?

MIS

Prince
Songhai, Pangea, Standard, Deity
upload_2020-12-13_9-42-43.png

I can settle this turn a) in place, b) move along river next to mountain. Or c) move onto gold, intending to settle there next turn. What do you think?

I think b) is better than a) because coastal tiles are useless. On the other hand, settling in place means I don't miss a resource on the forest, I'd rather start with 3f1p than 2f2p, and mountains are useless also. In terms of the gold, I get an instant 2gpt, and a quick resource (Mining is usually my second tech with Songhai), but it loses a turn.

What do y'all think?

I'd settle on the barren hill one tile north-west (below olives and gold), that way you'd have both of the luxuries in immediate reach and a 2f2p start, and eventually work 2 olives and 2 gold, plus you could work a farming triangle without chopping down any forests.

A tossup here, I usually decide in favor of observatories for the science pluses, and whether we're using the 1 or 2 tile range-to city mode; stacks nicely with the library, university, national collage, and Oxford series .
Under the ancient rules of 1 tile range-to-city, I'd go NEast, with looser rules (2 tiles range-to-city) I'd go NWest; but stay on the river !

The extra science is too good to pass up .

I'd settle on the barren hill one tile north-west (below olives and gold), that way you'd have both of the luxuries in immediate reach and a 2f2p start, and eventually work 2 olives and 2 gold, plus you could work a farming triangle without chopping down any forests.

that would be my call as well

I like settling on the gold as it gives you a lot of early money. I like opening mining first into pyramids anyway so you will get +4/5gpt as well as the 2gpt from the resource really quickly. That is a pretty huge amount of extra production.

Top Bottom