Votes: 33 22.1%
  • above 18 years old

Votes: 25 16.8%
  • above 21 years old

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • above 25 years old

Votes: 49 32.9%

• Total voters
I can't say I'm bothered about all the 'childish' phrases in the dialogue, but then again I don't pay much attention to it. It does make me chuckle from time to time though, especially Catherine's remarks in diplomacy (need I say more?). It's just part of what makes civ appeal to a wide audience, and bigger audience=more sales which is all that really matters to the developers.
I like the assorted colours of each civ, though.:lol:

Janos said:
but a child would never be able to cope at a higher difficulty level or experience the game properly anyway.

I could beat civ2 on deity when I was 14. I think you're underestimating kids. For all we know, zombie69 is probably 12 or something ;)

Civ 4 graphics really annoy me. They look like something a 10 year old would draw. Apart from that, the game is pretty good. (Except for the combat system. I want my attack and defense values back!)

(BTW, I'm 16 and have played Civ since civ 2)

I'm sorry, but I'm just laughing my butt off at the age ranges in this survey.

According to the Entertainment Software Association, the average age of game buyers is 40 years old.

Let me say that again, just so that it sinks in. The average age of game buyers is forty years old.

The average game player is 33.

http://www.theesa.com/facts/top_10_facts.php

(I was born in 1961, and I hope to be playing games in 2061 :D)

Sorry for not putting all the ages.

Sid Meier himself said he thinks he's games should be played by all ages, that why he let's his kids "test" the game.

A kid of 10 year can play the game, but won't understand ll the game-mechanics, while someone of 16+ will and i think enjoy the game more.
(i like the dialogues/graphics/etc and i'm 18)

Civ is an all ages game, that's why the series is still going strong 15 years after the original was released.

I'm 27 btw, :p

I voted "above 10 years old" because I am above 10 years old at 23 years... :p

IMO Civilization is a game for all ages, as it should be, because it's the kind of game that not only provides plenty of scalability for the various skill ranges that comes with different age groups, but also brings with it an educational side (assuming one is curious enough to read through the Civilopedia for more than just unit and building stats).

azzaman333 said:
Civ 4 graphics really annoy me. They look like something a 10 year old would draw. Apart from that, the game is pretty good. (Except for the combat system. I want my attack and defense values back!)

(BTW, I'm 16 and have played Civ since civ 2)

Did Civ3 have defense values? Almost completley forgot that:)
But I still got to get used to sacrificing catapults to get the result of civ3 catapult bombardments.
Apart from that the civ4 combat system is waaay better then the one of civ3
much more variation...

As for the age-question, the talk of the civ leaders had never annoyed me, and I am almost 17.
Darko82, you just take yourself too seriously:)

Top Bottom