Whip the settler in Abydos ?

Pajka

Chieftain
If we have a look at the map and the situation after our new city was founded, we can see that Mongolians are already closed by other civilization's borders. The only spot left for a city is our site "Beta". If they can't settle there, they'll have to go past someone's borders (or to the East of our new city, or inside our peninsula, or south of Russians). As that would put them in a difficult situation, we might consider whiping the settler in Abydos to get to the site "Beta" before Mongols do.
What are your oponions ?

You image isnt coming up..

I would NOT be opposed to it.

Think of it as CIV 3..every time you built a settler it reduced the population, you would essentially be doing the same thing here.

Now whiping would cost 2 population. That's too much I guess, but we might use the whip in few turns when it will cost just 1 population.

Well, in CIV3 you were growing while building the settler and then you lost the pop. Here you don't lose the pop, but you also don't grow while building the settler.

Note: Now that image should be ok. It's the one from TC thread, but I had troubles displaying it correctly.

I would not be opposed when it only cost 1:goodjob:

I'm your political friend, but in THIS CASE, i think if the citiziens find it justified we should

Do politicians have friends???

I support the whip or the ax to chop rush.( is there a forest to chop?)

Fellow citizens of Democracy Game, as a member of the workers union I must object! We can not allow our citizens to be worked to death, we should strive to lessen the class differences, not heighten them! We cannot allow the rich to become even richer by the blood, sweat and tears of our fellow man! We must show the way for a better future, we cannot stand still while evil is in our lands, trying to destroy everything we stand for! Do we want to say to our children that our lands were built on the bodies of their ancestors? Do we really want their bloods on our hands? I say no! Our future is shaped by our actions today. In my future I see how we will pay off our workers, instead of whipping them to death. And they will gladly work for the good of mankind, instead of being treated like animals. I say no!

May the spirits bless us!

we should have whipped... now we are going to war over site Beta!!

MrC said:
Fellow citizens of Democracy Game, as a member of the workers union I must object! We can not allow our citizens to be worked to death, we should strive to lessen the class differences, not heighten them! We cannot allow the rich to become even richer by the blood, sweat and tears of our fellow man! We must show the way for a better future, we cannot stand still while evil is in our lands, trying to destroy everything we stand for! Do we want to say to our children that our lands were built on the bodies of their ancestors? Do we really want their bloods on our hands? I say no! Our future is shaped by our actions today. In my future I see how we will pay off our workers, instead of whipping them to death. And they will gladly work for the good of mankind, instead of being treated like animals. I say no!

May the spirits bless us!
Even if you don't use the whip and use the money = pay them it doesn't mean that they won't work to death ... well at least they have a choice. ;)

IF we would have whipped or chopped, we would not be preparing to fight a war which will hurt us a little bit more than a whip. Hindsight is 20/20 but next time we need to remember about settler sneaking between our cities.

Top Bottom