Who and how will you play first?

Civ: Austria
Map: Archipelago so I can test out the new naval warfare/AI
Size: Large
Difficulty: Prince
Speed: Quick
After that I wanna try the Smoky Skies scenario

I really want to see how the new mechanics work and will effect my gameplay style. So my first game will likely be a toned-down experience to allow me to explore:

-Civ: Japan
-Map: Continents
Standard Size
All City States
-Difficulty: Prince
-Speed: Standard

I may play on Continents Plus or Fractal, depending on my mood. I may also add a couple AI to the map and for once I won't reduce the number of City States (yay for CSs no longer being useless space-takers that want nothing but money!). I'll play on Prince so I can explore the new mechanics, buildings, ect. with ease. Plus I suspect with the new upgrades, the AI will get sturdier.

I can't WAIT to build a religion with Japan. All worship the anime tenticle monster!

Civ: A Vanilla Civ (someone whose UA got changed to something religious - Spain, perhaps) vs. the 9 new ones, so I can meet the new leaders and see them in action.
Map: Large Pangea or Continents.
Difficulty: Prince or King.
Speed: Standard.

Would try to win the game through a slow domination to get the most of it.

Then I'll have to try Ethiopia since I usually play as a small empire.

I will probably play my first game as Austria on a Pangaea or Continents map script, standard size and game length, with 12 other civs and 10 city states on Emperor difficulty (may have to be toned down if the AI turns out to be better!)

The goal will be a diplomatic victory with an emphasis on founding and spreading religion. Playing for the diplomatic victory let's me experience all of the new elements of the expanded tech tree and the modern era, particularly espionage, and allows me to play to Austria's strength.

Specific enough? :D

CIV: Probably the Dutch, the Celts, or Carthage
MAP TYPE: Random
SIZE: Maybe random, maybe standard or small
DIFFICULTY: Prince, or one down to get used to the changes and see how the AI handles. If it's improved enough I may not be able to play on King and Emperor anymore. :o
SPEED: Standard

Tentatively Celts, depending on the later details released and the 9th civ. Continents or random map type, standard or small map, Warlord, Standard speed.

Top Bottom