Who wants to play a Pitboss game?

oagersnap

Emperor
The new Pitboss mode for multiplayer is out, and I'd like to try it. If anyone wants to join, post here! When we're enough people, I'll start the game, so if you want to play, keep an eye on this thread.

I'd suggest giving it a quick test by yourself first and setting your email address up - I think it then corrupts your game password (so you cannot reenter it). If I am correct it makes the pitboss server fairly useless as a persistant server :(

Tals

Unfortunately I am right :( Keep an eye on the main pitboss thread

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=152361

As has been mentioned in that you could still run a pitboss game with forced turn gen to keep it moving - just don't expect the file format to be compatible when they release the next ver of pitboss/civ iv

Tals

That's a shame.:( Well I guess we can just wait until they fix it. It shouldn't take too long - hopefully. We don't have to stop signups, people can still sign up here and then we'll wait.

To be honest i've still started a game - it is as useful to get some games underway so we can iron out any bugs as well as trying out this new game type.

Tals

Once I get my old PC up and running, I would not mind using it to help anyone host their PitBoss games. Since this PC will be on 24-hours a day, it would be an easy thing for me to host multiple PitBoss sessions. There would be a certain point where it would lag too bad, but I am sure 4 or 5 games would be manageable.

The SDK should be coming out soon, so I imagine the release of the final PitBoss program would be around that time as well.

UglyElmo said:
Once I get my old PC up and running, I would not mind using it to help anyone host their PitBoss games. Since this PC will be on 24-hours a day, it would be an easy thing for me to host multiple PitBoss sessions. There would be a certain point where it would lag too bad, but I am sure 4 or 5 games would be manageable.

The SDK should be coming out soon, so I imagine the release of the final PitBoss program would be around that time as well.

As Civ 4 supports only one port for games this would not be possible - I would agree it would be a useful enhancement, however I think they have written th eproduct with only one pitboss session active at a time in mind.

Tals

Top Bottom