Who what why

Padwas

Chieftain
Who do you play as
What difficulty
Why that character and difficulty

I am having trouble getting past warlord :(
So just wanted to see where everyone else is :)

If you are having trouble getting past Warlord (I remember those days in Civ4, but then again, 5 is just a better game overall), there are always tutorial videos on YouTube.

If you wanted to feel better about your self by comparing your difficulty to those in this forum than you're going to be dissapointed.

To answer the question, I play as anyone I feel like playing on King.

Remember that this forum is called civfanatics, which means that most of the people posting here have played a lot of civ, and are not representative of the average civ player.

I'm comfortable on emperor, can win immortal, and have beaten deity once. I have also played this game for 654 hours according to steam, so don't feel bad that you're not at this level yet! :)

As for civs, I think I've played as everyone at least once. I'm generally more of a peaceful builder unless I'm a super warmongery civ. When I played as the Zulu I just had an itch that wouldn't go away unless I was at war with someone.

How do you all play on such difficulty what maps setups and players
Also how do you get a domination victory on Archipelo map
Also what setups

Also I have around 21 hours so far :(
Because of fallout 3 and cod ghost on the 360

I'm trying to play all the tribes. I'm only playing on Prince difficulty, standard size maps, standard speed, and I think I need to watch a few videos. There's something, or somethings, that I'm missing after upgrading to G+K.

I settle my first couple cities, and kill barbarians while waiting to settle the third. I try to space them out, so that I will have both iron and horses, with a preference for hill locations by a river. Somewhat of a struggle to keep my cash flow up.

But in the last 3 games, one of my AI neighbors goes on an expansion spree. Oda (or Napoleon) builds 3 cities of his own, conquers 3 cities from other AI, and comes knocking on my door. I'm trying to stay tall, and am usually 2nd in Literacy, but I'm not in a position to take down the warmonger... and this is on Prince! :confused:

I even tried an Arboreal map as the Celts, hoping for lots of Forest-faith. My cities ended up growing too slowly, and I was 8th out of 8 in population. :(

I'm trying to play all the tribes. I'm only playing on Prince difficulty, standard size maps, standard speed, and I think I need to watch a few videos. There's something, or somethings, that I'm missing after upgrading to G+K.

I settle my first couple cities, and kill barbarians while waiting to settle the third. I try to space them out, so that I will have both iron and horses, with a preference for hill locations by a river. Somewhat of a struggle to keep my cash flow up.

But in the last 3 games, one of my AI neighbors goes on an expansion spree. Oda (or Napoleon) builds 3 cities of his own, conquers 3 cities from other AI, and comes knocking on my door. I'm trying to stay tall, and am usually 2nd in Literacy, but I'm not in a position to take down the warmonger... and this is on Prince! :confused:

I even tried an Arboreal map as the Celts, hoping for lots of Forest-faith. My cities ended up growing too slowly, and I was 8th out of 8 in population. :(

If you want safe growth play England on a map with a lot of water
If you want to go tall play as India

Are you developing your tiles? It's crucial to get workers out as soon as possible (I like to have 1.5 per city) and develop any food resources you have. Then build farms on any grassland or plains tile being worked by your cities, and be sure to build farms on river tiles to get the +1:c5food: bonus at Civil Service. Population is key in this game!

How do you all play on such difficulty what maps setups and players
Also how do you get a domination victory on Archipelo map
Also what setups

You're asking the wrong questions. Good players win on any map setup with any civ. You need to be thinking more about build orders, tech paths, diplomacy strategy etc.
Learning how to exploit CiV warfare would also help :). There are many youtube tutorials to help with this. MadDjinn regularly seems to comes up as someone who makes easy to understand LPs.

Who do you play as
Random, unless I'm trying out a specific strategy.

What difficulty
Prince, King, Emperor, Diety. Don't get a lot of joy out of immortal. Prince if I've hit a bad patch :)

So much depends on where people end up on the map. I've had some King games where wonders go as quickly as they do on Diety. Emperor games where a particular Civ will pump out units at Diety levels.

My latest game I'm playing with the Dutch. I like the Sea Beggar because you can take coastal cities a little easier.

I play on King, but I should probably play Emperor.

I normally try and play without the tradition opener. I played tradition with this Dutch game.

Padwas, you should upload your latest game.

90% of my games I play as Germany on settler difficulty, because I like Germany and I like it easy :)

I play exclusively on deity in Civ Rev, if that counts for anything :D

You're asking the wrong questions. Good players win on any map setup with any civ. You need to be thinking more about build orders, tech paths, diplomacy strategy etc.
Learning how to exploit CiV warfare would also help :). There are many youtube tutorials to help with this. MadDjinn regularly seems to comes up as someone who makes easy to understand LPs.

Seconding the MadDjinn suggestion. He's a great teacher and his games tend to go horribly wrong at some point so you can see what it takes to dig yourself out of a hole (the Venice game in particular comes to mind). I started at Prince and I win consistently on Immortal now thanks to the advice from him and this forum.

I play Diety games. Any civ. I have my favorites, but I don't mind getting oddities.. Like polynesia on a large pangea..

I have my strats, It's always very aggressive to start, and I'm usually hated by 1/2 the civs. Newer warmongering penalties are killing me, so I end up just killing everyone to compensate. Warmongering because I randomed India is till interesting.. but its amazing what you can accomplish with 4-5 archers, a few tank units and a scout.

I'd suggest learning on Diety. You will get your ass beat repeatedly, but you develop more tricks of your own to deal with your massive disadvantaged start, and huge AI bonuses. Eventually, you'll start to out tech them by ren/ind eras, and wipe them off the map.

Every civ has its bonuses, though I've warmongered domination wins with most of them. Some civs I cant be bothered with. UU's are nice, UB's are sometimes useful. In the end it's you who controls the game, not your Civ choice.

My latest game I'm playing with the Dutch. I like the Sea Beggar because you can take coastal cities a little easier.

I play on King, but I should probably play Emperor.

I normally try and play without the tradition opener. I played tradition with this Dutch game.

Padwas, you should upload your latest game.

Okay you may not believe me but I finished a game WITHOUT declaring war or getting into a war on the map Archipelo playing as England we won a tourism victory I think :)

But I'm a really bad player as I was a rts guy you know Starcraft command and conquer and those games but civ is WAY more fun

I play Diety games. Any civ. I have my favorites, but I don't mind getting oddities.. Like polynesia on a large pangea..

I have my strats, It's always very aggressive to start, and I'm usually hated by 1/2 the civs. Newer warmongering penalties are killing me, so I end up just killing everyone to compensate. Warmongering because I randomed India is till interesting.. but its amazing what you can accomplish with 4-5 archers, a few tank units and a scout.

I'd suggest learning on Diety. You will get your ass beat repeatedly, but you develop more tricks of your own to deal with your massive disadvantaged start, and huge AI bonuses. Eventually, you'll start to out tech them by ren/ind eras, and wipe them off the map.

Every civ has its bonuses, though I've warmongered domination wins with most of them. Some civs I cant be bothered with. UU's are nice, UB's are sometimes useful. In the end it's you who controls the game, not your Civ choice.

I had trouble on prince REALLY BAD TROUBLE the Aztecs were 2 eras ahead of me and the Germans had an army the size of the map :(

Maybes one day I will get to a standard game
Also any tips for a domination victory in Archipelo I never get in any battles

Also any tips for a domination victory in Archipelo I never get in any battles

Huh? Is this a wind-up? How can you go for a Dom victory without any fighting?
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume your question is serious: The capitals will all be coastal on such a map, so build warships (frigates and privateers) and attack/capture them.

Top Bottom