Why did they vote for me?

I just had a strange planetary council meeting. A new planet had recently opened up that I had never heard of. I don't remember what level of intelligence the AI is on but I have them somewhere between intelligent and gifted. Also the AI algorithm thing is on. ANyways I pull up my seat to this proposal being in dead last for vote count. We are picking between 4 civs to control the new planet. I plan on possibly being at war with the Yor and the Drengin soon. Things are getting tense but no military build up has really started yet.

I figure everyone will vote for themselves to rule it and I know I won't win so I voted for the Drath. figuring I could ensure it for them, a possible ally in the future. The results were odd. (See screenshot) The two I didn't want to have it, voted for me and won me the planet. Why would the AI do this as far as you know? My economy took a slam from it and I was wondering if that was the intent. As it was clear across the galaxy. (See other screenshot) Anyone have any guesses to their knowledge on why this went on like it did, as in the intention of their votes? Do they actually like me?

What are your relations with those two? Unless they love you (you say it was getting tense, so probably they don't), I think they voted for you because the planet costs more in maintenance than it's worth. Certainly looks that way from the map, it's a long way from any potential action.

OK thanks. I was thinking that was the reason but wasn't sure how often the AIs would choose strategy over greed and relations. Thats pretty cool. lol. That panet sucks and I am broke too so its just sitting there building a factory in like 47 turns. :lol: Back to raise taxes my Zion peoples.

Top Bottom