Why does carthage have territory with no city?

Bridger

Prince
http://puu.sh/72uag.jpg

See this image above. How is carthage doing that?

Also: once I build a culture in a city, does that disallow any other culture types? For example: in my game I built Spartan culture in my capital, and later when I unlocked bronzeworking I was unable to build Roman culture (despite the fact that I had olives right next to the city).

Do you have Realistic Culture Spread on? Does Carthage have the civic Close Borders selected? Forts and Towers also spread culture, building a tower to claim the plot then building the improvement can mean the plot remains yours.

iirc you can build as many cultures as you lik in a city.

Hm, he's way ahead of me in tech, so he probably got towers and forts. oh well.

I built Spartan culture in my capital, and later when I unlocked bronzeworking I was unable to build Roman culture (despite the fact that I had olives right next to the city).

Culture is a world wonder, so maybe you had the maximum number of wonders in a city (Left top in the city screen has GW with two numbers: current amount of wonders and maximum amount of wonders in a city). Another culture level will unlock another wonder usually.
Thats if you dont play with unlimited wonders (game option when starting).

Also, you cant export olives away. I exported my only source of beavers in one game and then I discovered I couldnt build Ainu culture :). Had to wait 40 turns before the deal expired (and suddenly I wished that they declare war, as the AI is weak in war anyway...).

and the olives have to be connected with the trail path at least, but you probably know that.

Like Shrines, I think that Cultures don't count as world wonders even though they are defined as such. Can someone else confirm this.

Top Bottom