Why is it that...

The Navy Seal

Emperor
Why is it that the person with the holy city for a religion is the only person to build missionarys.
I mean I see Gandi running around with missionarys but nobody else but others with a holy city.

Im not too sure about that. I have the christian holy city, converted japan. He spread it through his cities, and now Im passing his missionaries up all the time. Actually ole Toku seems to be spreading it better than me- across the sea.
I guess Im reaping the benefits.. he's doing most the work

Well it's a substantially larger advantage for others to share your religion if you have the holy city than if you don't. I have however seen missionaries in use by civs without one.

doesn't matter who has the holy city. if you build monostaries you can build the corresponding missionary. also, with the civic organized religion, as long as you have the religion in your city you can build the missionary.

the monostary needs meditation. organized religion needs monotheism.

Codeman said:
doesn't matter who has the holy city. if you build monostaries you can build the corresponding missionary. also, with the civic organized religion, as long as you have the religion in your city you can build the missionary.

the monostary needs meditation. organized religion needs monotheism.
You answered the wrong question ;) Good answer though.

I rarely see AIs without the holy city building missionaries. I've seen it once or twice, but it's not commen in my experience.

Top Bottom