Why rebel sentiment stops raising?

Sashimi917

Chieftain
In my last game, it stops at 44% and another game it stops at 32%, have I missed out something? I already got 3 founding fathers with liberty bell bonus, i got printing press and newspaper in every settlement and 3 citizens working in the town hall, I have no elder statemen though since I have no luck in getting one. I checked that every of my settlement support independence 100% but still I cannot declare it.

Don't even have the game yet, but I've heard that your army counts as citizens too. Do you perchance have a large army in proportion to your civilian population?

It probably works like
30 colonists in cities 100% supporting independence + 70 army units -> 30% rebel sentiment overall.

Don't even have the game yet, but I've heard that your army counts as citizens too. Do you perchance have a large army in proportion to your civilian population?

It probably works like
30 colonists in cities 100% supporting independence + 70 army units -> 30% rebel sentiment overall.
I found this game really frustrating, one game I had a little army while I declared independence and got my ass kicked by the greeding king. And one game, I massively built up my army and my rebel sentiment and found that the king's force was already 3 times larger than me when I declared. Then I tried delaying building up the rebel sentiment level while I was focusing on military buildup but finally found that the rebel sentiment doesn't rise at all. This really doesn't make sense, a large army should help building up rebel sentiment instead of preventing it. I have anticipated this game for a long time, but finally it is a total letdown, even worse than Spore I should say...

Soldiers don't really care who they fight for, as long as they get payed ;)

Try having most of your soldiers working in the cities with a stack of guns ready to take on the second you declare indipendence.

Try having most of your soldiers working in the cities with a stack of guns ready to take on the second you declare indipendence.

It is economic bonus in itself, but why it must be essential to win the game?

It's a little counter-logic - you can't win war with large specialized army, but CAN if your citizens got guns in the last moment...

It is not playint game with King of Mother Country, it's just playing game with computer - examine rules, find exploit, win... :(

Well look at how it went in America in the real life. Most of the defending militia were exactly that: folks that picked up guns right at the end. If the colony was starting to build up their own regular army, Brittain wouldn't be to happy about it. In fact, if the colony would build an army of regulars as big as the Brittish, the Brittish would have stopped it well before the declaration of independance.

Well look at how it went in America in the real life. Most of the defending militia were exactly that: folks that picked up guns right at the end. If the colony was starting to build up their own regular army, Brittain wouldn't be to happy about it. In fact, if the colony would build an army of regulars as big as the Brittish, the Brittish would have stopped it well before the declaration of independance.

Current game mechanics tells that it does not bother King that his colonies have great army. Even rebel sentiments does not worry him. Only bells worry him.

Current game mechanics insists that colonists with guns do not want independence. They are happy with Monarchy. And you must win WoI with such soldiers :lol:

Well, to be completly honest, I would like an history where Northren America was still part of the big Dutch Kingdom ;)

Top Bottom