wierd pictures

I thought I'd try a bit of necromancy, resurrecting a long-forgotten and unanswered request.

These screenshots aren't exactly "weird," but I liked them.

What can I say... all may be fair in love and war, but the poor French here would feel differently.

These pictures show the same region about 2 1/2 millennia apart. Isn't progress beautiful?

Reminds me how butt ugly this game was.

To the first poster, it is spelt weird!!!!!!

Ugliness, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. Do you have any CTP II screenshots of your own to demonstrate psrticular ugliness?

I don't really see what's ugly about those pictures either.

If you want to see ugly (E might not like me for this :D )...

Attachments

• Civilization3ConqVihKusessa.jpg
    Civilization3ConqVihKusessa.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 451
I never played Civ 3 - can I assume that all the yellow discoloration around the cities in your screenshot is pollution?

You can. Crappy isn't it? :D

For the record I like the essentials of civ3 terrain (if a little "washed out"), grassland, plains, desert, sea tiles, it's just the rail/road spam and pollution that are horrible.

I don't really see what's ugly about those pictures either.

If you want to see ugly (E might not like me for this :D )...

No, no my Civ3 terrain graphics mod is far better than stabdard civ3 graphics. I used Sn00py's terrain!

I agree though I don't like Ctp2's standard graphics. that ugliness ironically is what brought me to ctp2..to change the graphics. Then the rabbit hole led me to add hidden nationality (ctp2 was more moddable than civ3). Now look where I'm at! :lol:

I thought your sea tiles looked darker E, but wasn't sure.

To keep the thread on topic here's a picture from a MP game a long time ago. Some kind of D-day involving all kinds of units. After I landed I set up a couple of forts for railroad to his cities, and to build an airport on his continent. The Fighters to protect my Tanks from Bombers and PT Boats roaming around protecting my transports from Subs. Fun game, well for me it was. ;)

Attachments

• landing.jpg
    landing.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 257
Maquiladora: were you actually the ORANGE civ in that game?! In my experience, both versions of CTP always give the human player ROYAL BLUE flags and borders.

Ekmek: So that's from a modpack in development? It looks a little like the Ages of Man mod. I'd be interested in seeing the finished product...

One thing the Civilization series never equalled was CTP's undersea environment. I just loved it when you finally developed the technology to colonise the ocean floor.

Strange to see 3 bears walking on water, though...

Ekmek: So that's from a modpack in development? It looks a little like the Ages of Man mod. I'd be interested in seeing the finished product...

Actually its part of my civ3graphics mod that I have over at http://www.apolyton.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=118 and check out this tto http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=148249

I use it mainly with the source code project. the graphic mod converts ctp2 graphics to civ3 equivalents, no rules are changed

As for the Orange player, the source code allows you to pick your color.

As for the water walking bears, i always wished that the trade lines would show a graphic of the latest transport unit Land or sea when they shipped across, but seems like too much code work to do

Maquiladora: were you actually the ORANGE civ in that game?! In my experience, both versions of CTP always give the human player ROYAL BLUE flags and borders.

It was a multi-player game. I was orange, my human opponent (and the host) blue.

Here's another MP game, not mine though. Someone else sent me a couple of saves as it was quite an epic game.

Notice the massive Mega Mine-on-terraformed hills spam to maximize production for the final push of churning out Fusion Tanks. Note ALL orange's cities were like this.

Also notice on the mini-map all the forts outside their borders, to set up radar posts to see very fast units (Stealth Fighters, Fusion Tanks) coming. Or in the case of orange to build a big highway using maglevs and undersea tunnels towards blue to kill him (bottom right of mini-map).

Attachments

• megaminespam.jpg
    megaminespam.jpg
    343.2 KB · Views: 294
Top Bottom