Wiseman Difficulty Level

RandallS_1985

Chieftain
Are you tired of wondering which difficulty setting makes a fair game between you and the AI? Well, this might be your answer. I created this mod to add a difficulty setting called Wiseman, which I hope will solve this dilema. However, I haven't had much time to test the fairness of it; though I have tested its functionality, and it is working perfectly. I encourage everyone who is interested to take a test drive with it and give me your input so I can modify it accordingly. And perhaps if there is enough interest in this type of mod component, I might create one with an array of difficulty settings. So, on the note if you can think of anything you would want in a difficulty setting, tell me.Have Fun! ;)

THE CHANGES
Spoiler :

No Free Wins against Barbarians
50% chance wild animals will attack
50% chance of decent starting location
112 advanced Start Points
No Starting Gold
12 Free Units
<100% Unit Cost, Research Cost, Distance Maintenance, and Number of <cities Maintenance
150% Colony Maintenance
100% Corporation Maintenance, Civic Upkeep, and Inflation.
2 Health Bonus, 4 Happy Bonus
AI Attitude is Neutral
All Barbarian and Animal Frequencies are same as Noble
30 Turns before Barbarians appear
AI and Human shares same bonuses over Animals and Barbarians
All AI attributes are set at 100% operation
No extra starting units for Humans or AI
No extra starting techs for human or AI (Just the two civ specific techs)
Goody Hut Output is Similar to Warlord

DOWNLOAD HERE!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8750

HOW TO INSTALL
Spoiler :

1. Download the attachment, and Save to Desktop
2. Open the MOD folder
(IF YOU WANT THIS ON STANDARD BUILD)
3. Open the Assets Folder
4. Drag all contents into Custom Assets folder; This will be found in Program files, under Firaxis, Civ 4, then your latest expansion pack folder (if applicable)
5. If you are asked to overwrite something...
A> Make sure you are in "Custom Assets" and not "Assets"
B> You may already have a mod component that uses one of these files, you will have to copy-paste the new codes.
(IF YOU WANT THIS IN A MOD PACK)
3. Locate the folder for the MOD you want to add this too
4. Drag the assets folder into the Main MOD folder
5. If you are asked to overwrite something...
Your MOD already uses one or more of these files, you will have to copy-paste the new codes.

HOW TO COPY-PASTE XML CODE (IF NEEDED)
Spoiler :

1. You will only need to do this if there is already an exsisting copy of the file in the place you
are trying to make changes. If there is only one such file, you can still drag in the other
ones.
2. On both conflicting files: right click on them and select edit; it should open in Notepad.
3. find the code located in my file, that is not in yours, it will have "wiseman" in the block
And these files are indented. You will need that whole group of code.
4. Highlight the new code and copy it.
5. Go to your file and paste it in between two code groups (NOT in the middle of one)
6. Save the changes and you should be good to go!

Top Bottom