With Hiawatha of Iroquois

ShadeSigma

Chieftain
I played this game trying to play as a Civ I'm not familiar with. Since I'm going with a harder difficulty I set the map around to his liking. In the game I had the Aztecs in and everything got crazy.

User Civ: Hiawatha of Iroquois
AI Civs: Any
Level: Emperor
Map Size: Standard
Civs: 8
States: 16
Game Speed: Epic
Map Type: Pangaea
Resources: Standard
Rainfall: Wet
Climate: Temperate
World Age: 5 Billion
Sea Level: Medium
Victory: All

Have all Special Conditions unchecked.

I managed to get deep within the game but I was neighbored by Japan and the Aztecs. First we were jockying for lands with forests and jungles. Then we hated eachother for our expansion. I rushed researching Iron Working for the Mohawk Warriors but I was so financially challenged I only managed one. Meanwhile, Montezuma had like 4 Jaguar Warriors with a Longswordsmen on the side. I just completely left the game. I think with Iroquois it takes a lot of patience to play with them because they start off kinda slow.

Ergh. Going to have to try this one again later. France got too big too quick, and while friendly, I was just getting my muskets build when he was putting musketeers on the border. I really expected a backstab, but instead, the second biggest nation, on his other side decides to DoW me, and in rolled the cavalry, just as I got Rifles. Was too tough a fight, and while I could have survived, I was not going to win or place in any sort of category

I think Hiawatha is hard to play with I think. But those Mohawk Warriors kick major ass in a forest. If I were to guess I think Hiawatha could win a Domination victory if the military is prepared better. I just found out one perk though. Say Napoleon settles near you and gets big, meanwhile you settle near him surrounded by a lot of forests. You can take that city in no time using Mohawk Warriors.

I'm gonna give it another shot, but if I don't complete this I will set it in my high challenge list.
I'm glad you tried BTW.

My biggest issue with them is getting the Mohawks. If you tech at a rate that allows you to get them, and have time to develop some iron to build them, then I find myself behind in the military tech and they're up against crossbows and longswords. They aren't as awesome then

The reason why I tech to them so fast is because I wanna get the good Iron sources before the neighbor player gets them. But I see your point. I think they are equipped for a Domination victory, but not for the quick ones. I know this type of game is good for Hiawatha it's just something I'm missing or not doing right. But I will figure it out with more practice.

You don't have to keep playing this if you want, but thanks for keeping me updated.

My second attempt at this also had me in a nice distracted mindset. Initially set out with culture/Diplomatic/Science asperations, but they quickly closed to just culture/science when a couple of the AI decided to kill some CS. I kept bribing the americans to wars they wanted to be in anyway, and also the french. I ran heaps of RAs, but wasn't focussed enough to tech block properly.

In the end I was about 20 turns short of Culture and maybe 40 from Science when America decided to win by Diplomatic. Used his 15k that I couldn't get out of him over time to buy them all and only managed 12 votes. Knew it was close, but I just couldn't take them off him, and the other AI were all broke.

I'm sure I'll try again, but not for a while

Top Bottom