Won my first VP Deity game - strategy for anyone interested

@LukaSlovenia29, Welcome to the Deity club! Now you can start to argue on something being underpowered! (EDIT No-->Now)

Research agreements for example are befit those pursuing a scientific victory more than any other type of victory, of the manually selected civs, no other is super focused on a science victory
Thats simply not true. I mean at all. All victories depend on science about the same cause dor Diplo victory you need to get to Atomic Theory ASAP and for Tourism you need Radio and other stuff that boosts tourism

I would be more impressed at a all random immortal victory than a hand picked, min-maxed options deity victory
This is MUCH, MUCH easier to do.

Agreed, disabling units is better for the player
In fact not. Ruins help human more than AI because AI's boosts are so high that Ruins effect is barely noticeable compared to it, but for Human they have huge effect (at least on Deity, probably on Immortal too).

Last edited:
@LukaSlovenia29, Welcome to the Deity club! No you can start to argue on something being underpowered!

Thats simply not true. I mean at all. All victories depend on science about the same cause dor Diplo victory you need to get to Atomic Theory ASAP and for Tourism you need Radio and other stuff that boosts tourism

This is MUCH, MUCH easier to do.

In fact not. Ruins help human more than AI because AI's boosts are so high that Ruins effect is barely noticeable compared to it, but for Human they have huge effect (at least on Deity, probably on Immortal too).

1.Wow science benefits every type of victory?
That comment blew my mind man!
Does production also help every victory condition too?
Just the fact that you say that all victories depend on science equally made all your other arguments really lose their punch, I clearly stated that science victory relies more on science them the others and if you really disagree whit that them nothing I say will change your mind.

God knows this forums could use more activity, but do we really have to become a circle jerk of all praise and encouragement around here?

I remember back wen i first got my hands on civ v, a noob who could not even beat prince, I found these forums and used to read all kinds of guides and strategies, especially the deity ones, one thing I noticed is how much horsehocky the people who wrote guides such as " how to beat deity on archipelago whit Polynesia vs these early game warmongers whit land unique units".
Sorry I cant lie to myself and others and be blown away by this story, but i just find it silly that on the strategy section of the forums there is a strategy that only ever works wen you change a bunch of advanced settings, and we are supposed to learn from it.

Just the fact that you say that all victories depend on science equally made all your other arguments really lose their punch,
What difficulty do you play then? If it is Deity - i'm ready to discuss what i said. If it is not Deity than your arguments have even less punch, especially considering you have no arguments besides saying that i'm wrong.

On the topic - my wording was probably not 100% correct, i meant "All victories depend on research agreements about the same" (the whole thing was about research agreements, right?). Ofcourse if you persue Scientific Victory - you'll have more science, than if you play Tourism. But thing is you need a lot of science too, because you are on an timer, you need to get to research Archeology 1st, otherwise you lost. And Archeology is ~220 turn, which is 75% of the game.

What difficulty do you play then? If it is Deity - i'm ready to discuss what i said. If it is not Deity than your arguments have even less punch, especially considering you have no arguments besides saying that i'm wrong.

On the topic - my wording was probably not 100% correct, i meant "All victories depend on research agreements about the same" (the whole thing was about research agreements, right?). Ofcourse if you persue Scientific Victory - you'll have more science, than if you play Tourism. But thing is you need a lot of science too, because you are on an timer, you need to get to research Archeology 1st, otherwise you lost. And Archeology is ~220 turn, which is 75% of the game.

To say all victory conditions depend on research agreements the same is a lie, how are you going to get research agreements after you take a capital or 2 for domination?
Research agreement = science, my statement is not that research agreements are useless or worthless or less effective in the game overall, only that they are better for a scientific victory, this is not an absurd claim and it feels like you're going out of your say bending words to try to make that statement false.
The thing about research agreements is that they are a a positive diplomatic modifier in a game whit very few positive diplomatic modifiers, it makes friends even friendlier and the game overall more peaceful, at least in my experience the few times I played whit it on, and it makes sense really, while the human has the brain to take any opportunity it can even whit short tern losses, the ai does not, and so they go out of their way to keep the research agreements they paid for.
But I know research agreements is a vanilla mechanic and lots of people play whit it, so it was overall a very minor point that I can agree to disagree.

Moderator Action: Please stop accusing each other of lying and discuss facts. Prove to each other through intelligent discussion what is correct, this is becoming trolling and flaming and is not civil nor productive.

Top Bottom