"Wonder" Woman Thread - The Race to Stonehenge (and Other Assorted Wonders)

So I was just looking over wonders and wanted to throw out another idea. I don't think this would end up being worth while, but it is something to consider.

Sankore and Spiral Minaret - together these wonders give 2 beakers and and 1 gold for every state religious building up to computers. It is a fairly marginal benefit, but we have a ton of cities and are hammer rich but beaker/gold poor. A temple + monastery is 140 hammers, a bit steep but these could be slaved quickly in our newer cities.

Artemis in our capitol could be a high risk but potentially high reward wonder.

The priest would "pollute" our GP pool and has a chance of giving us our needed priest faster than in any other city. Granted its going to be like a 30% odds type thing - but that would be a great boon if it worked out. Also the trade route boost would be the biggest bang for the buck there so building it right after we finish the bank would be reasonable.

Agree with Artemis in the capitol. Very good point.

And as a whole, we must use this window of time to build wonders which will help us in the long run, as we dont have nothing better to do. Military operation against both Merlot and Mavs is out of the question for me at this time with these technologies.

I was thinking for us to build some good amount of frigates to secure the sea in every possible turn of the events, but I more and more think the war between ex-ETTT allies will be fought with destroyers and battleships and upgrading frigates is expensive. On the other hand, they will be highly promoted as they will be built in Otreta and they cant be compared to a plain destroyers built elsewhere.

I also want we to have Cremlin once the time comes, if not to use it so much, just to deny it from our financial friends.

Agreed. Please, make the announcement about our builds to our allies.

Angcor Wat is fine, but where should he goes? Still in Myrine? It will be nice for our culture on Anjennida, but I think it will be not too nice, nor honorable, since Sirius postponed their libraries to give us time to claim some culture and now if we just build this wonder there, we will blow away their culture badly. It could go in Vandal. Alongside with NE :mischief::crazyeye:

Also, when I log in now, will look for a place for good places for the remaining national wonders.

Do we really want to build NE in Vandal? I see that as a better Iron works city.

I think NE would make the most sense in Myrine, makes for a good GP farm. And we wont be sacrificing a production city for it.

So we are a go on Sistine and Artemis then. What are estimated build times?

Cant really tell, as we are in anarchy now, but I would say like 12-15 turns each.

Once Ironworks finishes, Vandal will have like 100:hammers: per turn production. Should we grab Statue of Liberty? We could really use those free Artists on Comet, especially since we have that free specialst :culture: from Sistine. With that high of production it would take about 15 turns, 10 turns if we do another GA. No one else has claimed it yet, and I thought for sure that CDZ was building it, but they have not managed to finish it so who knows:dunno: Anyway, as long as we spread Christianity to Vandal we might be able to beat them to it even if they have already been building it:mischief:

BTW I tried to spread Christianity to Vandal last turn, but the stupid Missionary failed:cry: I queued up another after the Bank in turnpike finishes (2 turns).

Another thing, if we can get it fast somwhere, I think we should get Parthenon, for the sole purpose of speeding up our G.Engineer. I know we cant use it for long, especially if we get Sci Meth next, but look at it this way... We let Sirius talk us out of getting ToA and Parthenon because they lied and said they were teching Sci Meth. I knew it was suspicious because it would obsolete their Great Library, but we switched tech anyway to Econ. Then they ended up taking Econ from us anyway. They never did get Sci Meth.:crazyeye:

If we had just ignored Sirius and built ToA and Parthenon all those years back, how much trade $:gold: would we have made off of it by now? How many more Great people would we have gotten during our GA when we were running Pacifism/Mercantilism and Caste all at once? I say screw it, lets get Parthenon so it can help us get our G.Engineer, G.Spy or G.Prophet. It cant take more than a few turns to build.

I like the Parth idea - but where and how long will it actually take to build? SciMeth is going to be a tech we get soon. 10+ turns of +50% GP production is probably worth it - but less than that gets a bit iffy.

SoL in Vandal also makes good sense due to our high number of cities.

Should we grab Statue of Liberty?
Sure go for it.
BTW I tried to spread Christianity to Vandal last turn, but the stupid Missionary failed
It may be something just in my imagination, but I have noticed that if the missionary is moved this turn, it fails in spreading the religion - for me it is like 95% of the time I move and try to spread in the same turn I fail :) It might be just my bad luck in a row and since then I avoid doing so, but I think it is for real. I was going to tell you to wait with the missionary, but forgot :)

If we had just ignored Sirius and built ToA and Parthenon all those years back, how much trade $ would we have made off of it by now? How many more Great people would we have gotten during our GA when we were running Pacifism/Mercantilism and Caste all at once? I say screw it, lets get Parthenon so it can help us get our G.Engineer, G.Spy or G.Prophet. It cant take more than a few turns to build.
Yes, sure we must get it - even if Sirius (or someone else) gets SciMeth, if we dont want to obsolete our Parthenon, we just will avoid taking it for a while.

10 turns if we do another GA.
I was thinking of a GA actively there few last turns too. The only thing that stops me is our relatively low population at the moment (not to mention the melting to 1 Congo :cry:)

Yeah lets save the GA for later when we have bigger cities and levees. That will give us insane production.

I think we get Ort back to building units, could Parth go in Them? It will dilute the GP pool, but not much and a GArtist actually could be really useful at this point.

Once we take MHI should we switch civics? I think yes. We lose turns to anarchy, but we will have cities in revolution anyway.

Remember Themiscyra was a Caste Slave center and then a Draft center after that. POP in Themiscyra is only 6 right now, growth is slow and it would take like 30 turns for a Rifle :( so forget about Wonders in Themiscyra. Right now it only good for building wealth TBH.

Like I said, Otreta has highest production besides Vandal, and we don't need any more military for a little while, plus Otreta already has :gp: points for an Artist, so Otreta is ideal for Parthenon.

Oh, Sommers, please do so if you feel yhr need - just loged out and I will fall asleep every moment.

Are we at risk of losing SoL and why start a GA just to get the SoL one turn earlier? Think it makes far more sense to save the GA for later - but I have already gone over these points. I won't rehash again but this is likely going to be our last GA of the game as we won't be getting the needed 3 great people for a 3rd GA for a long time. We need to really time this GA for when it is optimum, and I really do not think now is that time.

Top Bottom