Wonders information. Request for mod or information about an existing mod

TruePurple

Civ wanna B
Is there an existing mod or could one be made that

1. When you look at wonders in tech listing it shows whether this or that great wonder has been made or not? Having to look through a long list while remembering which wonders I am looking for and sometimes having to switch back and forth a few times... A real pain and time waster.

2. That shows you whether a tech has already been reached by anyone else at a glance in the tech tree? Very useful for deciding whether to go for this or that tech that has a bonus you only get if you get there first.

3. That shows AI progress to research tech from the tech overview screen and from the tech espionage screen if you have the required espionage points?

4. That can cause the tech steal menu so that it can link to the tech info screen? Switching back and forth between screens trying to decide which tech to steal is another big timer waster/hassle.

All basic making it easier to manage the information in the game and none of this changes game balance in the slightest.

I'm not aware of any UI-focused mod that is still in development. BUG doesn't have these things, and I think neither do BULL, BAT or PlatyUI. My own mod AdvCiv happens to do a little bit of what you want, but it's not primarily a UI mod, so that's probably no help (and it's a recent addition, so still a little experimental). In the attached screenshot, note that the help text for Economics does not list the free Great Merchant (already taken) whereas the Great Spy for Communism is listed (still available). Same thing for wonders. That's a one-line change – however: in the C++ code, so you'd have to know how to compile a DLL in order to adopt this. It would be nice, in addition, to show e.g. "Huayna Capac has already discovered this technology/ completed this wonder" when hovering over a wonder or GP icon on the tech tree. That's also doable, but more than one line. Same for requests 3 and 4: Variations of the tech help widget could be implemented, but it would take a couple of hours all in all even if the modder knows what he or she is doing.

Attachments

• screen1.jpg
    screen1.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 96
To add to it, it would also be nice if there was a mod where you can set defenders so that those set have higher priority for defending to preserve the troops you wish to preserve. Like you have a unit selected, you either choose from menu or with hotkey defender, and when a stack is defending, the defenders always have higher priority for defending than those without. Has anyone ever attempted to mod that? Would that qualify as a "gui"? I mean adding it to menu would be a gui thing but if it was just assigned by hotkey...

I think that would be seen as a change to the combat system first and foremost. I'm not aware of a mod that let's the player decide who defends, but it may well exist. The Lead from Behind mod does something kind of similar. The defender is still chosen by the game, but the selection algorithm takes into account how valuable the units are. Lead from Behind is included in BBAI and thus in many modpacks.

Top Bottom