Wonder's Production speedup

LeSphinx

Bachogwa
I usualy speed up wonder production by planting forest near the cities where the wonder is produced.

I produce forest in around 3 squares with 3 workers in each squares.
Then, I cut the forest in order to have the bonus production...

It's realy cool!

:)
LeSphinx

yup..you need to have the city set to building an improvement of some kind.It won't add to wonders or the palace.The more expensive,the more you can rush.What is it? 4 or 5 of your own nationality workers can chop in 1 turn and I think 6>8 to plant under democracy.Foreign national workers are slower.Not too sure about the different government types.Workers have differing speeds with different govs.

This is true. Do you see that forest clears and production shields are added to city that builds Wonder? No! See more precisely and read Civilopedia... Speeding up Wonder construction is not possible... Sorry. :(

You can cut and replant (I call it logging), but it's not sending it to your wonder. It's disappearing. Also, you can't rush thru gold, disbanding, or logging an improvement and then change that improvement to a wonder. The game keeps track of whether you rushed it and will not let you switch.

The only way to rush is with a leader.

As for logging, for city improvements it works great. I usually use a stack of two workers. That drops you from 10 turns to 5 turns. I seem to recall adding a third worker only drops you to 3 turns, so you're not getting as much back for adding the third.

Note that it is not free. In a republic or democracy (or in earlier gov'ts if you have a normal size military) you pay 1 gold to support the worker. So you're getting 10 shields in 20 turns (10 to plant and 10 to cut) at 20 gold for one worker, so that's 1/2 a shield for each gold. It's not free, but still cheaper than rush buying (8gold/shield or 4gold/shield depending on your gov't IIRC).

With two workers it is still 1/2 shield/gold (10 shields in 10turns @ 2 gold/turn).

Three workers might give you a slight cost cut if it is really 3 turns to plant and three to cut, but I haven't tested it. (Anyone? :confused: )

Under a democracy you can log in 1 turn with 5 workers. That goes from cleared square to forest back to cleared in one turn with 5 shields going to city production (as long as it's not a wonder/palace).

On some terrtain types it may take more workers, but I've been doing it with 5.

5 shields go to the city? I thought it was 10..?

5 workers at 1 turn... not too shabby. I know workers get better at some point. Is it democracy? Cool, I'm a few turns away.

I miss the good old (Civ I) days when you could stockpile a bunch of camels (caravans) and have them all add their shields to a wonder en masse.

Oops - typo! Good catch Mote. Yes - TEN shields go to the city.

Hmm, there are various bonuses to your workers along the way. I think industrious civs have a bonus, I think they get a bonus when you research engineering, and there may be another one for being in a democracy.

Workers work twice as fast in democracy...so industrious democratic nations have workers 4 times as fast as a regular non-democratic civ.

Edit >>>

You also get double rate for replacable parts...

I've check it out!
That is true! For the wonders, it does not work.

But as mote said, It 's a good way to rush city improvements.

LeSphinx

150% of normal worker speed under Democracy, (meaning that Democracy is +50% NOT +150%). Technology Replaceable Parts doubles the speed in addition.

As American (industrious) after replaceable parts, I can plant 8 workers in a single square, and get it to plant-cut-plant-cut. 2 cycles, 20 shields, every turn, and I'm leaving the other land for irrigation and mining.

It's silly, but this town doesn't have much land to work with.

ER

Top Bottom