wonders rushing is stupid in civ3.....

An unused leader has a movement rate of 3, so it it also a very good scouting unit in the early part of the game.

Originally posted by RoddyVR
CharlyFox, thats just plain wrong.
FYI
you cant rush a capitol,unless you use a leader, then you might as well rush the wonder
actualy i never tried rushing the capitol, but if you can rush it then you cant switch to a wonder afterwards, that i know for a fact.

You are plain right and I am plain wrong. I guess I mixed up things. however, can t you pre build a palace (without rush) and switch it to a Wonder?

BTW, the wonders are just abstracts and not based on reality. What do the pyramids have to do with food storage? They were tombs. With tis in mind why complain about leader rushing? The AI will use GL rushing as well.

Also, I believe the caravan exploit was taken out to slow down wonder building, the current cascade is just a side effect of letting you switch production without penalty.

Pre-builds come from the same change. You can think of it as no more than gathering the materials before you start.

Rushing a wonder should be allowed, but only under the following conditions

NO *&%$##@% Caravans, hate them little *&^^%$%'s

Killing people for rush 1 pop pt per 10 shield (go ahead & build the pyramids, don't have a city of 20? aw thats too bad!)

Paying cash: 20 gold per shield (ok you want to build Newtons college (ok thats 20g @600 shields=12,000 gold, pay up sucker!)

palaces no longer wonders (if they were why are they built in one turn when capitol is raised, & it takes to long to build anyway, shold be able to relocate capitol relatively cheaply.

FYI my exploit for rush jobs is on the Wonder Building thread.

I guess this thread is not the proper place for it :).

My playing style doesn't make the grade at better than Monarch level, so if anyone could provide some higher level feedback of this exploit, I would be grateful.

Archullus:

The palace gambit really is the only way to rush a wonder other than by GL, but it should not be this way. Rushing a GW should be allowed but should be very expensive, to the point that it would practically bankrupt you if you rushed 1 wonder @100 shields. (w/ bankroll of < 2000 g.)

I have no problem with the missing rush building. I have a huge, huge problem with the shield waste. One of the exciting suggestions for Civ 3 was to have building more on a empire wide basis, and not a city-state basis. Maybe with the discovery of the corporation, extra shields from the build in one city would automatically go the next city (after X % wastage, X being determined by civ-size and/or gvt. type). In Civ 2, I used to build certain units in certain cities. A city at 17, 25, or 50 shields would build alpine troops, artillery, or M.I. A city at 40 or 80 would build tanks. Etc.

In Civ 3, so many units cost the same, that certain cities are permanently inefficient, because of the # of shields they produce. Oh well, maybe Civ 4 won't suck. (OK, Civ 3 doesn't suck, but it's sort of like a girl that goes in for plastic surgery to make her face gorgeous. But at the same time, the surgeon takes out her fake boobs. 3 steps forward, 2 steps back.)

Top Bottom