Worldbuilder/scenario loading

jgib1010

Chieftain
Hi again. New problem I am having is the game is not loading my scenarios I create in worldbuilder. I go into an advanced setup of single player game and set up my modded map. I hit the back button and click the load scenario button and then the start game button. the map loads fine but the computer puts all 8 civs and all 6 city states in the same area all crowded around my starting position. I confirmed that all 8 "players" were given their own starting locations on my map as well. Anyone know why the computer is loading all players in the same starting location?

You've created a map. Until you've loaded it (somehow, I haven't a clue how) into ModBuddy and changed it into a mod, it's going to be a map, with all your preset stuff (like city-state and starting locations) ignored.

If someone could tell us how to do something this basic, I'd appreciate it. (I'd even like to see more info about how to set the behavior of the individual city-states, like turning certain ones Friendly.)

...finally discovered this thread after searching for a half hour for this answer and I have to say: it's very annoying that in Civ IV, we could create scenarios in-game, but now we need to use *two external utilities* to create them in Civ V.

Not an improvement, IMO.

You've created a map. Until you've loaded it (somehow, I haven't a clue how) into ModBuddy and changed it into a mod, it's going to be a map, with all your preset stuff (like city-state and starting locations) ignored.

This is not correct. I have made maps with starting cities/units and city states already placed and I am able to use it without ModBuddy.

Just remember that to play the map go to "Mods" in the main menu of Civ V and then choose Single Player -> Set up Game. If the .civ5map file is placed in the Maps directory it should be visible when selecting map type. Then mark it as scenario.

That is what messed me up.
It is NOT enough to just select the map.
You then have to click on a blue circle to make it a scenario... completely NOT intuitive.

This is not correct. I have made maps with starting cities/units and city states already placed and I am able to use it without ModBuddy.

Just remember that to play the map go to "Mods" in the main menu of Civ V and then choose Single Player -> Set up Game. If the .civ5map file is placed in the Maps directory it should be visible when selecting map type. Then mark it as scenario.

Where do you mark it as a scenario? Does this need to be done in worldbuilder, or is it possible to mark it as such through setup?

That is what messed me up.
It is NOT enough to just select the map.
You then have to click on a blue circle to make it a scenario... completely NOT intuitive.

I'm not seeing a blue circle. Which of the many loading screens does it pop up in?

Not worldbuilder.
When you are in the actual Civ V game. Go to mod, then single player, then setup... choose the map... select your scenario map.

THEN, once it is selected, you will see there is a blue circle next to the name. click on this.

Not worldbuilder.
When you are in the actual Civ V game. Go to mod, then single player, then setup... choose the map... select your scenario map.

THEN, once it is selected, you will see there is a blue circle next to the name. click on this.

Found it, thanks. The game has been saving maps in two different places - I had moved them to the steamapps/common/civ5/assets/maps folder with the other .lua files and .map files. Moving them back to the blank folder from my documents popped up the scenario radio button, in case anyone else is having this problem.

Thanks Zen Blade. I've been trying to get an answer on that for days.

I'm beginning to think that Civ 5 is an ingenious marketing concept designed to increase Civ 4 sales.

OMG!! I figured it out. Under MODS I setup a new game in advanced and selected my map and then backed out to the basic setup and there was the button. Woot!!

Can someone Please! Please! upload a how to guide on loading maps and mods in Civ V.

I have a question too. So I made a map and figured how to load it ("load scenario" thing). Everything works as intended, put the starting positions for civs and CS and assigned each civ and CS to their starting positions. Here is the question: How can I make it so there won't be predefined civs, but instead civs would be random and spawn on starting positions that I made. I mean so they would only spawn on starting positions that I placed, but be random every time? I'm fine with predefined CS, but I want different civs in every game, BUT on those fixed positions (except for player 1 - me, who has it's own fixed starting position no matter what). The problem is as I see it, I must pick how many and which civs in the description which then assign them in team 2, 3 etc, but I can't pick "random".

So is there a way to do it and how? :confused: I'm lost here... :(

Also a small question: what is wrong with the great barrier riff? It looks funny on my map.

Top Bottom