WORST leaders to lead a civ?

I'd go towards Franz Joseph if you want to show a leader that was terrible for Hungarians and Slovaks and Czechs among others (dual leader?) He was a terrible tyrant.
He was probably so not because of malicious intents or motives, or a nasty personality, but psychological stress due to his stacking family tragedies. His wife was assassinated by Anarchist (one of six sitting heads-of-state and two spouses of heads-of-state successfully by that group around the Turn of the Century, also including Czar Alexander II of Russia, King George I of Greece, King Constantine I and Queen Draga of Serbia, King Umberto I of Italy, President Henri Carnot Sadi of France, and President William McKinley of the United States). His only son and original heir, Rudolf, committed suicide along with his newlywed wife in their marriage cottage. His nephew, and second heir, Archduke Franz Ferdinand insisted on marrying well below his station (something not supposed to be done by Royals or high Nobles back then) by marrying Lady Sophie, the scion of a minor Slovak Noble house. The two of them were very assassinated by a Serb Nationalist. It's believed by many, and quite credible, that his behaviour was not intentional malice or cruelty, but his being very harsh familial tragedy psychological strain.

He was probably so not because of malicious intents or motives, or a nasty personality, but psychological stress due to his stacking family tragedies. His wife was assassinated by Anarchist (one of six sitting heads-of-state and two spouses of heads-of-state successfully by that group around the Turn of the Century, also including Czar Alexander II of Russia, King George I of Greece, King Constantine I and Queen Draga of Serbia, King Umberto I of Italy, President Henri Carnot Sadi of France, and President William McKinley of the United States). His only son and original heir, Rudolf, committed suicide along with his newlywed wife in their marriage cottage. His nephew, and second heir, Archduke Franz Ferdinand insisted on marrying well below his station (something not supposed to be done by Royals or high Nobles back then) by marrying Lady Sophie, the scion of a minor Slovak Noble house. The two of them were very assassinated by a Serb Nationalist. It's believed by many, and quite credible, that his behaviour was not intentional malice or cruelty, but his being very harsh familial tragedy psychological strain.
I remember hearing about Rudolf, Sisi, Franz Ferdinand (and Sophia). It must have been sad for him.

George W. Bush: Declaring war is now a free action but war war wariness penalties are doubled. All references to nuclear in the game are now respelled to nucular.

Neville Chamberlain: Declaring war is now impossible. Peace negotiations with enemies now require double the concessions made on your part compared to normal.

George W. Bush
If we're going there, I'd make it a reference to the Patriot Act--something like "Spies in your own territory provide +1 Amenity during war but introduce a -50% Culture malus and -10% Gold and Science malus in the city they're stationed in."

I'd go towards Franz Joseph if you want to show a leader that was terrible for Hungarians and Slovaks and Czechs among others (dual leader?) He was a terrible tyrant.
With Franz Joseph, there is a disconnect between his rule before and after the 1867 Compromise. Before that, you are right, but after that, Hungary entered an economic golden age. I chose Vladislaus as, the way OP phrased it, it seemed to me that he/she is looking for bad leaders in the sense of incompetent, not evil. If I had to choose someone evil - probably Szálasi or Rákosi.

Top Bottom