Worth getting a new comp with these specs?

MoneyGini54

Chieftain
Hi everyone, i'm getting a new computer next year. Its going to be Windows Vista. Heres the specs: 2GB RAM, Geforce 8800 GTS 320mb, Intel Core Duo 2 3.0 Ghz, SATA 400 GB hard drive, 22" LCD monitor. Can anyone tell me if these specs should be good enough?

Regards,
MoneyGini54

Good enough for what? That looks like a very capable gaming now, but there'll be some newer and better stuff out by next year. If you're just looking for a pc that'll play CIV and surf the web, this is overkill, and you can probably slash the price by half. It all depends on what you're going to be using it for.

well not only civ 4. I got also doom 3, close combat: first to fight, POTC 3 etc. By the way my specs are currently: 512 MB RAM, WinXP, Intel Pentium 4 2.66 Ghz, Geforce MX 420 64 mb, 18" screen and 74 GB hard drive.

While thats a good gaming PC, yes, what taper said applies quite a bit. You dont wanna blow 2000$ on a system that wont be in heavy use. Although, rough estimation tells me that thats not very expensive, except the processor maybe. You might wanna hold off on getting this, until the new Penryn C2D's come out and the entire line drops in price a bit.

Well, he did say next year, so that might be enough time. Sounds like a nice system to me, although I wonder about the LCD monitor - isn't it a little big? It'll give you lots of room to sit back I guess...

22 inches is perfectly fine for that video card. Just make sure yuou get a high response monitor, otherwise it might lag a tad when playing some games.

Top Bottom