WOTM16 First Spoiler

Contender, going for early conquest

And an early conquest it became. Right about 2700 BC, in fact. I am one turn short of completing the GW (I settled on the stone) when two barb warriors attack my single defending warrior. I lose. :blush:

Well, it was a short game at least. :lol:

Arcadic: Contender save after many thoughts of using the adventurer save. Goal, lose to a SS Diplo. Or win, whatever. Only my 3rd attempt @ Emp lvl.

I decided to settle in place, building 4 warriors before going worker settler. Teched to Masonry BW and Agri>AH. Settled 1E of the stone and started to work on the GW. Barbs were a minor problem in the new city, pillaging the stone once and camping!!! on hammer tiles. GW completed in 1000BC area. Then Rexed to 6 cities, and thats all i had room for. MM's borders were N E SE of me while Alex took the rest of the borders. MM pop feudalism from the oracle, and hasnt looked back.

I did a few things different this game than my others. I tried using a SE, FE. This actualy put me from last in tech to missing libralism by 1 turn trying to get steel with it. I'll post a more detailed write-up hopefully tonight after i get the log.

There seem to have been more than a few embarrassing losses being recorded in the first spoiler period..........

I came very close to being part of that group. hind site; it was a bad idea not settling on the stone and not going for BW first. I start my games so late due to time constraints, I am barely conscious of what I do. But that will change as I get used to my new work schedule; have to leave the house by 5 Am or traffic nightmare.

BTW it appears both you and I went for the CS sling on a recent GOTM and got messed up by not expanding instead. oh well we live and learn.;)

Going for fastest conquest. Settled in place and stole 3-4 workers at the very beginning. Beelined for cats and then conquered
- Alex (1 city left)
- Wang Kon (1 left)
- Mansa (2 left)
- Cyrus (3 left).

Didn't build the great wall - and spent a great deal of time (even if not that many units) managing the constant barb attacks. Finally captured GW from Cyrus shortly before 545AD.

At 545AD I've got 15 cities, and am leading in score and power. I've been playing for around 30 hours or so already (the game clock shows 40 hous) and I'm still only at 545AD, so it's unlikely I'll finish this one now before tomrorow's deadline...

Still it's been fun!

Top Bottom