Wow, AI used Strategy

PBG

Chieftain
World Map, Huge Size. Regent Difficulty (Okay, I'm a wuss). 16 Nations.

I'm in South America (Aztecs). Iros and Americans up north. I hear alarming reports of 3 civs being wiped out, then I finally meet Europe. They are a tiny bit ahead of me, I catch up and sell techs to my neighbours. But then I notice...Rome is HUGE. On REGENT Difficulty, they've killed/knocked down to 2/3 cities every Euro Nation except England.

As I take over North America, Rome and England gang up on everyone. Eventually, they have Europe, most of Africa (except for Brazil Size Zulus) and all of Mainland Asia cept for a China the size of Mongolia.

England declares war on Rome. Since most of their cities are right next to each other, Rome takes over all of England. At this point, I get a spy into Rome. WOW!

They have about 200 Infantry, 100 Tanks, 38 Battleships (!), 70 planes...the list goes on.

Whats the most you have ever seen the AI with on low difficulty.

I play on Cheiftan, but most of the AIs I end up fighting have bigger militaries than that. I'll tell ya, wearing down a civ with 300 MIs can take a while.

The key to taking out 300 MI's is simple. Take them out before they become MI's, and before they number 300. :)

I haven't seen that many units lately in my games, however, I've noticed a trend in C3C in which the AI tends to build lots more naval units in the middle to modern ages. They seem to enjoy piling up several frigates and a galleon and doing their scouting. They also like stacking archers/longbowmen in the cities as a bombard defense for when you attack. Just my observations so far.

-CB

I dont know how many units can the A.I build(A lot is simply the answer)but as far as strategy,i remember games that A.I just impressed me.Actually once i remember that i was triyng to locate the fleet of my enemy,but it was impossible.At the end they showd up from the north with all their power-battleships-destroyers and off course transports,and made the disembark where i did not expect them.

Top Bottom