WW2 Unit Graphics

Thanks, though I am looking forward to Gareth's take on it as well, he will do a much better job. :hatsoff:
I am gravitating towards making a Do11/23 and a Heyford,
especially if TOTPP enables us to push the unit file back to 1936 (remilitarization of the Rhineland).

Attachments

• Tanelorn Do 23.png
    Tanelorn Do 23.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 348
Very nice Tim :)

Here's my take on the He-112: early open-canopy and later full canopy models with Spanish Civil War, German pre-WW2 and Romanian WW2 paint jobs. Hungarian colour scheme in the works.

Attachments

• fairline He-112.png
    fairline He-112.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 813
Mmm I love He112s! Great to see all these camouflage schemes. I like the Hungarian and Romanian versions too. I'm about three quartets of the way through the Royal Hungarian Army campaign of Open General. No He112s but loads of Zrinyis, Turans and Nimrods to play with. I have always had a fascination for the minor nations equipment in WWII.

EDIT: Just taken a closer look and can see the one I thought was Hungarian is actually a Luftwaffe one. Come to think of it I don't think Hungary even operated the He112. Silly me! :lol:

OK c2u - why dont we start a new thread if you want to pursue this and I can talk you through each stage of scenario creation. Dont worry about unit icons - it may come as a huge shock but I already made a set of Napoleonics years ago for PeG which I can put in the OG dat file ;)

One thing you should appreciate - Panzer General 2 was played as a 'campaign' which was a series of connected battles (scenarios). Your result in each battle effected the next, and your core units were persistent and moved from battle to battle gaining experience and abilities, almost like an rpg I guess. You could make a single scenario representing the whole Napoleonic war but it would be more fun as a series of battles (which has already been done for PeG btw). The 31 nations limit applies to an individual rule set (e-file) and could be used to the fullest extent in a campaign. However for a single scenario / battle you are restricted to two sides, one playable and the other AI. Each side may have units from 5 different nations.

Hm, I understand. The game completely reminds me on Panzer General, a game which I liked and played often. I think I will stay on Civ2 at the moment as I know how it works and I´m still working on some scenario ideas. So I will start playing some scenarios on Open General. :)

You wrote that you made an own scenario file for Open General. Could you send it to me please?

As McM said it is Panzer General 2 but reverse-engineered from scratch by a very clever coder. He has also incorporated lots of additional ideas from the community

He-70 and He-112 variants, Spanish Civil War and WW2

Attachments

• fairline He-70 n He-112.png
    fairline He-70 n He-112.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 751
You wrote that you made an own scenario file for Open General. Could you send it to me please?

No, I made unit icons (and therefore a replacement OpenIcons.dat and efiles)

You are welcome to have that though :)

More spin-offs from Open General: Curtiss Hawk III and Grumman Delfin

Attachments

• fairline curtiss hawk n grumman delfin.png
    fairline curtiss hawk n grumman delfin.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 681

Attachments

• Tanelorn Gloster Gauntlet.png
    Tanelorn Gloster Gauntlet.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 328
  • Tanelorn Mitsubishi A5M.png
    Tanelorn Mitsubishi A5M.png
    3 KB · Views: 350
Thanks Gareth. Finally a He-70, and just like buses you wait ages for one then four turn up at the same time including the Hungarian version with the WM-K-14 radial engine. :D

Also good to see the Hungarian He-112. I checked and they obviously did operate them, but Wikipedia says only three were procured. I have always taken an interest of the obscure equipment of the minor combatants of WWII. The Czechs produced some really great kit which was either licensed produced or taken over by some of the major armies during the war. The Swedish also produced some excellent designs that ended up in wide-scale use. I have recently been looking some of the machines Hungary produced or had in prototype form, such as the 44M Tas Medium/Heavy tank and the assault gun variant. Impressive design. The Nimrod SPAA has always been a favourite of mine too.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Hawker Demon & Fury.png
    Tanelorn Hawker Demon & Fury.png
    7.4 KB · Views: 648
Okay, this is getting beyond coincindence lmao - I drew a Hawker Fury today as well :lol:

Very nice Hart / Demon etc. The Fury had short straight wings by contrast to it's siblings. I was about to draw a Hart from my Fury - glad I saw yours first ;)

Right Tim, what are you planning to do next so I don't draw the same thing? :crazyeye:

Attachments

• fairline hawker fury.png
    fairline hawker fury.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 650
Top Bottom