WWII Unit Icons

Tealdragon204

Chieftain
Supporter
I am in the process of making a custom scenario and decided to reuse some assets from PTW (The WWII assets). The issue is, a lot of the assets don't have an Icon (Ex: Italian Infantry, FW190, Panther, Tiger, Pershing etc...) so the civilopedia icon will at best show the icon I can select in the editor (with the pink background, zoomed out). I was wondering if anyone knew where to find all the WWII icons, I already got all the ones I could from the WWII Pacific scenario but the rest are a loss from what I can tell. Even TETurkhan seems to have given up as the only icon I could find from them was the German Infantry (The rest they either used their own out of setting images or reused images).

Just wondering if anyone has all the icons, they must exist seeing as the German Infantry icon exists despite not being in any "official" scenarios. Just need to know where to find them or if anyone has them (which would probably be more convenient considering they're likely buried)

Hi, if you are motivated you can make civ icons real quick with gimp. Open any image in gimp, cut or resize it to 128X128, then go image, mode, indexed, leave maximum number of colors to 255 and click convert. Then go file, export as, and change file extension from .png or whatever it is to .pcx. Then resize picture again to 32X32 and export and you have icons.
I've done that with already via ripping screenshots of the units FLC files but because those files are low quality, so are the icon files (Appearing more akin to a Civ 2 unit than a Civ 3 unit), I could grab an image from somewhere else I'm just hoping to find icons that match in with the rest of Civ 3 (So it's not as jarring as the unit icons that TETurkhan chose for units like the MG and the Tiger), and I figure there must be more considering there's an icon for the German Infantry despite it being a completely unused asset.

I am in the process of making a custom scenario and decided to reuse some assets from PTW (The WWII assets). The issue is, a lot of the assets don't have an Icon (Ex: Italian Infantry, FW190, Panther, Tiger, Pershing etc...) so the civilopedia icon will at best show the icon I can select in the editor (with the pink background, zoomed out). I was wondering if anyone knew where to find all the WWII icons, I already got all the ones I could from the WWII Pacific scenario but the rest are a loss from what I can tell. Even TETurkhan seems to have given up as the only icon I could find from them was the German Infantry (The rest they either used their own out of setting images or reused images).

Just wondering if anyone has all the icons, they must exist seeing as the German Infantry icon exists despite not being in any "official" scenarios. Just need to know where to find them or if anyone has them (which would probably be more convenient considering they're likely buried)

Here you go:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/ptw-wwii-pediaicons.20868/

This said, most of the PTW WWII units and their civilopedia icons are completely outdated. You can find many hundreds of 'up to date' WW2 units and their civilopedia icons in the inofficial C3C expansion CCM 2.

Here is the icon file from my WWII scenario that probably has more icons than you even want if you (including Italian infantry and FW 190)

Attachments

• units_32.pcx
    216.8 KB · Views: 94
Top Bottom