1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Wwise editor 2015.1.9 needed for audio modding

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Utilities, Code Snippets & Art Assets' started by notque, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Kiel27

Kiel27 Chieftain

So I have chunked away at making my first civ/leader mod.
    I want refine it a bit more by adding audio for diplomatic interations, intro/loading screen, and perhaps the civlopedia entry. Most important tho is diplo.

I have got Wwise 2015 made the audio files (wem's and bnk's)
    My Question is where to implement or insert the references or tags or whatever?
    ...I have used the Josh Atkins template to build the mod in the modbuddy... I had some other frustrating issues that i had to navigate to get here, but I have been studying the base and dlc xlps and text files trying to see how to lay this out. But the Atkins template doesnt come with any spots left empty to fill in my reference tags (or whatever the proper lingo is). I have kinda figured out its layout using the base and dlc speech xlps. I figure that I also have to use the project properties to add the files into the build. But, the template is not laid out using a platform or audio folder (though, in building the mod modbuddy creates the platform folder.
    I dunno... Ive tried just pissing with it and putting a new folder in or putting some stuff in core or xlp folders (im not sure that has any bearing on it) ... I think it is when i try to tag the audio in the gamedefines.sql that either my reference (ie: LEADER_LEADER_CUSTOM_NEUTRAL) isnt right or my category/path tag (ie: LeaderType, BackgroundImage, ForegroundImage, PlayDawnOfManAudio) isnt right.
    The Mod will build successfully and appears to load... Sean Bean reads his Dawn of Man and then... crash! (I think i originally tried using just "Audio" as the tag and referenced my .bnk location as insert in the 'leaders: loading info', just to see if i could get that to work, that may have been why it crashed right after Dawn of Man speech)

So anyway: tldr : i know.
    But I've been just guessing for too long with no results, just frustration... hoping one of you experienced types can spell this out for me.

Thanks in advance for you patience, or even bothering to finish reading this ramble on!

2. Moyocoya

Moyocoya Chieftain

Hi !

Well... I am not at all a modder. I tried but it's too much complicated for me.

So... I have a simple question : is it possible to lower or even to remove the wind noise in the game ? I was able to do that kind of thing in previous Civs when one had just to change .wav files. But now I cannot do it without help... And I don't really understand what was discussed in this thread.

I ever you have time to give me the procedure... I'd be glad !

Thank you !