1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Xenophobia, "the Cricketers" Point of View

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by DrewBledsoe, Jan 12, 2006.

1. DrewBledsoe

DrewBledsoe Veteran QB

Playing game atm as Japan, I've a continent Island to myself (16 cities) only other nation I've ever met was US , who I destroyed nearly 2000 Years ago (its 1200 AD).

The point of the post:-

Imagine the only nation you've really ever known is your own. Suddenly you meet these "other" people who don't really see things as your nation does. To steal a comparison from the late and great Douglas Adams , I feel like "The Cricketers". Its the only time in playing Civ , in which I've unequivocaly said to myself " They have to go". "All of them".

I'm winning in score by miles, but still, "They all must go".

Anyone else ever felt like this , or is it just the many beers I've been drinking?

2. calyth

calyth /bin/sh of a man

I normally play a builder type game, so I usually use force when absolutely necessary. Usually I maintain enough relations to avoid having the need to fight a war, and I try to grab enough land so that I'd have more chances to have resources I need.

3. Tiger_Nation

Tiger_Nation Warlord

Use a K at the start of Kricket otherwise you will confuse it with the second best gamer ever invented (football best). I kinda see where you're coming from as well but conquest is the object of the game.

4. holy king

holy king Deity

and of course its the krikitters... (sp?)