XML changes without effect

Black Whole

Dancing Condor
So, I feel dumb because I can't make he simplest mod in modbuddy work. For a start, I wanted the Project Beacon to require the Tech Field Theory and 5 Geothermal resources. Now here's the code:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- Created by ModBuddy on 12/11/2014 4:36:43 PM -->
<GameData>
	<Projects>
		<Update>
			<Where ProjectType="PROJECT_BEACON"/>
			<Set TechPrereq="TECH_FIELD_THEORY"/>
		</Update>
	</Projects>
	<Project_ResourceQuantityRequirements>
		<Row>
			<ProjectType>PROJECT_BEACON</ProjectType>
			<ResourceType>RESOURCE_GEOTHERMAL_ENERGY</ResourceType>
			<Quantity>5</Quantity>
		</Row>
	</Project_ResourceQuantityRequirements>

</GameData>

The database.log shows no errors from my mod and I have set updateDatabase in OnModActivated. Yet it doesn't work at all. Do I have to add entries for the graphic interpretation (so the icon for the Beacon appears at Field Theory)? It is infuriating, because such a mod only took 2 minutes when I was modding Civ4 :mad:

The tech web updates automatically, so you don't have to add mod any graphics. The only thing I can think of is that the default prerequisite for the beacon project isn't a technology, it's the decode signal project. So you're not trying to change an existing prereq tech to another, you're adding one. So maybe if you used <row> instead of <update>? That's the only thing I can think of.

The tech web updates automatically, so you don't have to add mod any graphics. The only thing I can think of is that the default prerequisite for the beacon project isn't a technology, it's the decode signal project. So you're not trying to change an existing prereq tech to another, you're adding one. So maybe if you used <row> instead of <update>? That's the only thing I can think of.

First thanks for the fast response! I thought so about the TechWeb, but you never know ;). I will try it out as soon as I am back at my PC. Theoretically, there is a TechPrereq for Projects and it is set to "NULL" as a default setting. Hence why I used <Update>.

Should be Type="PROJECT_BEACON" in the <Projects> table, not ProjectType ;)

Duh. Thanks, that was it. Well 3 hours wasted for this :lol: Yet the resource requirements still do not apply, at least I can't see it. Could it be that this part of the code isn't used anymore, since no project actually requires resources?

Top Bottom