XML files not doing anything (help plz)

Milae

Prince
Before I start I have all my XMLs set to Update on Mod activation.

Basically I tried to make a hotkey Mod. I had already changed all my hotkeys from in the game files but thought it would be good to make a mod out of it.

Changed the LUA file for WASD camera move which works and made XML files for the other controls which were done in XMLs.

For some reason even though I think I did the exact same thing in the different files some of them worked completely and some of them did absolutely nothing.

CIV5Controls.xml
This is a file which updates the XML file located at assets > expansion 2 > Gameplay > XML > Units
This file works the same as updating the hotkeys from within the game files.

CIV5Missions.xml
This is a file which updates the XML file located at assets > expansion 2 > Gameplay > XML > Units
This file seems to do absolutely nothing in my mod.
However changing the hotkeys for this file from within game files worked just like the previous.

Anyone got any ideas why this is happening? Can't find any mistakes but if there is one in the CIV5Missions file would that cause the whole file to not work? Or is this something deeper?

Zipped full Mod:
Milae's Hotkeys (WASD) (With EUI) (v 3).zip

Attachments

• CIV5Controls.xml
    6.2 KB · Views: 121
  • CIV5Missions.xml
    4 KB · Views: 117
  • Milae's Hotkeys (WASD) (With EUI) (v 3).zip
    14.6 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Actually as a starter it would be better to zip and attach the actual built mod from your game's Mods folder.
  1. Zip the version of the mod the game is actually trying to use, which will be found as a sub-folder in ~\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS. Zip the whole sub-folder for your mod.
  2. See: whoward69's zip your mods and attach tutorial if still unsure what we mean by the built version of the mod.

Actually as a starter it would be better to zip and attach the actual built mod from your game's Mods folder.
  1. Zip the version of the mod the game is actually trying to use, which will be found as a sub-folder in ~\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS. Zip the whole sub-folder for your mod.
  2. See: whoward69's zip your mods and attach tutorial if still unsure what we mean by the built version of the mod.

Okay cool, I attached the full mod to my original message.

Sometimes files get corrupted when saved and then the game just will not read them while also never generating errors either.

This may have been what happened. Or not.

Top Bottom