1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] [XML] Need a hand on adding a new Domain for Leaders

Discussion in 'Mod Creation Help' started by __jack__, Jun 11, 2020.

Tags:
  1. __jack__

__jack__ Warlord

Hi,

I have built an Observer mod (Better Spectator Mod), using an unique leader LEADER_SPECTATOR to trigger the change to an observer in game.
    Everything is lua based and working.

My issue another one. Because LEADER_SPECTATOR is currently a member of the Players:Expansion2_Players domain it can get picked by the AI.

While I managed to prevent players from inadvertly picking it using PlayerSetupLogic and attributing an error code to that leader it is not enough from preventing it to be eligible as a RANDOM leader.

My solution is too remove it from Players:Expansion2_Players by creating a Players:Observer_Players domain and the my StagingRoom.lua pulldown would be populated by Players:Expansion2_Players through PlayerSetupLogic if a tick box is not ticked and Players:Observer_Players otherwise.

Simple enough. Except I cannot manage to simply create a new domain by having <Domain>Players:Observer_Players</Domain>
    instead of
    <Domain>Players:Expansion2_Players</Domain>

I am assuming I need to register that new Domain somehow in XML/SQL but I haven't been able to find the format yet - though I am sure it should be somewhere in GS XML.

Thanks in advance!

2. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

Code:
    	<RulesetDomainOverrides>
    		<Row Ruleset="RULESET_EXPANSION_1" ParameterId="PlayerLeader" Domain="Players:Expansion1_Players"/>
    	</RulesetDomainOverrides>

<RulesetDomainOverrides>
    		<Row Ruleset="RULESET_EXPANSION_2" ParameterId="PlayerLeader" Domain="Players:Expansion2_Players"/>
    	</RulesetDomainOverrides>
    It's FrontEnd (Configuration) stuff. The new Domain is tied directly to the Ruleset.

3. __jack__

__jack__ Warlord

Hi LeeS,

Yes I have seen it - somehow I didn't managed to create a new one just from the leader_config by adding the <Domain>Players:Observer_Players</Domain> but maybe I did something wrong.
    Let me first try to display leaders from a scenario as a debug and I will work it from there

4. __jack__

__jack__ Warlord

@LeeS This turns out to be a massive pain in the b###

Because of the parameters validation of SetupParameter and PlayerSetupLogic, it really doesn't like having value outside of the ruleset domain.
    I can still launch a game using command line with LeaderTypeSetName(xxx) and Network.LaunchGame() but then I can save it and load it as the SetupParameter is unavaidable when loading a game....

Is there any criteria I could use in xml to exclude a Civ from the AI pool ?

One trick possible I see is using the PlayerId="0" like in the Nubia scenario to force a different domain range and then tie this with a MODE selection that would load a different SQL based on the number of Observers

e.g.
    <Row Ruleset="RULESET_SCENARIO_NUBIA" PlayerId="0" Domain="Players:Observer_Players" Value="LEADER_SPECATOR"/>

That being said a xml flag like IsPlayablebyAI would be much more refined.... any such thing in your experience ?