Yet...Another...large earth map

artemisarrow

Warlord
So I was inspired by all the earth maps out there and decided to make my own, i took concepts from several ones and adjusted continents, oceans, lakes and so on.

You will notice that the continents not only have different colored mountains plans grasslands and hill etc, using the continental artist features in the world builder, but it was done to convey a sense of realism for the variety of landscapes. I used mountains without/ with snow, lush grass and sparse grass, and different colored forests where they should roughly be in real life. In an effort to add certain land shapes and water ways, I used rivers instead of actual water tiles for aesthetic reasons.

Earth.zip is with no starting location
Earth Start.rar is with starting locations

Hope you all enjoy!

The size is 128x80

Attachments

• earth_ (1).zip
    12.7 KB · Views: 259
  • map1.jpg
    map1.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 834
  • earth_ start(1).rar
    11.4 KB · Views: 233
another photo, note europe, japan, korea, anatolia, and india were enlarged. resources are somewhat accurate... and plenty. no starting locations, so its very random.

Attachments

• eurasia.jpg
    eurasia.jpg
    485.3 KB · Views: 416
  • saan.jpg
    saan.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 253
  • afraustant.jpg
    afraustant.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 241
  • naca.jpg
    naca.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 305
Any chance you will be making this map with TSL??

Yes, the real city locations...

As an avid player of historic maps I would like to say this map is pretty good. here are a few items everyone will want improved upon:

You need to revise the number of strategic resources at each location (# of iron, horses, coal, oil, aluminum, and uranium at each plot). Currently, most plots only have 1 or each resource. Typical amounts are between 2 and 6 at each location, with uranium typically being only 1 or 2.

You need to balance the availability of some of the late game resources. You have lots of oil, which is great, but not much aluminum.

Most people will want to play this map with TSL (true start locations) and you will want to balance starting strategic resources with this in mind. In particular, you want to make sure each civ probably gets at least 1 source each of iron and horses, although you can vary the quantity (for example, you will want to give Rome a good 4-6 iron and perhaps only 2 horses, but Mongolia could have 1-2 iron but 6-8 horses). Iron is king until rifles are available.

For the sake of realism, you could sub snow on top of a few mountain ranges to represent tall mountains. For example, the Alps and Himalayas.

Overall, a great map! With a few tweaks I think it could be a very popular TSL Earth map!

Thanks for the input Buck, will be doubly noted if I do a version with more historically based resources.

I myself spread out and increased resources for this map because I usually play with over 20 civs on a map, more fun in my opinion

There is a map with starting locations already up, they just aren't specifically linked to one civ each, I prefer myself to change history up ! :)
Anyone is welcome to make changes that suits them best.

Have fun!

Top Bottom